PSR-800...Using multi-PC's for EZ Scan data

Status
Not open for further replies.

jyams

I discovered an easy way to port EZ Scan v-folders and setup information between computers. The way this came about was that I loaded EZ Scan on my office laptop during lunch and spent alot of time doing first-time setup for my 800, since I just got it Monday. However, I use my PC at home to actually load and sync my scanner with EZ Scan. I didn't even have my 800 at work. So, after spending all this time in using the EZ Scan software to setup all my scan objects and lists at the office, I needed a way to take that home with me to load on my 800 without the radio or an SD card for portability. So, I started exploring my office laptop folder structure looking for the CDAT and associated files. I quickly located the "EZ Scan Digital" folder in "My Documents". I simply copied this folder on a thumb drive, took it home and loaded it over the "My Documents/EZ Scan Digital" folder on my home PC, and viola, I had everything I had worked at the office on my home PC ready for loading up my 800. Stuck my 800 on the USB cable, synced it to EZ Scan, and bingo!! Took all of 5 minutes.

BeerNutz

Premium Subscriber
Great find. You can also...

Before doing the following, click on "Prepare Scanner Memory /SD Card for use" under the Scanner/SD Card pull down menu at top of screen. Substitute a thumb drive for the scanner SD Card. CAUTION: Doing this will erase what you have on the thumb drive. Then...

1 - Click on the Scanner/SD Card Pull down menu at top of screen.

2 - Click on "Copy Configuration To Scanner Memory/SD Card."

3 - Click "Yes" in the Overwrite Warning window.

4 - The next window is "Select SD Card or Scanner Memory Drive." In the pull down menu, next to "Available Drives" you can substitute a thumb drive for your scanner's SD card. DONE

jyams

Very good tip. I didn't think of that but I'm glad to know you can do that also. I'm sure I will try it. I have an old 2gb thumb drive that would be perfect for that.

SCPD

QRT
You can also use a SYNC program such as Windows Live Mesh to keep that folder in sync.

Status
Not open for further replies.