PSR-800 V Folder Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpswx4cster

Hello Group:

This is my first try at programming a second "V" folder in my PSR-800. I have everything programmed into the second folder and the radio is receiving talk groups from the assigned system. However I have no audio. The radio is displaying the talk group information and I can hear traffic on the same group with my other scanner.

Is their a special setting I am missing? I have reprogrammed this system three times and it keeps doing the same thing...no audio. I can return the original (1st) v-folder and I have audio.

Any help / ideas would be appreciated.

Gary

KE5TLF

Fills the trunking tables from the CC data. (as opposed to using predefined tables (Standard) or user entered tables (Custom))

KE5TLF

Well if it is NOT a M96 control channel then you have to set one of the others. 3600 baud doesn't broadcast the tables, and if it isn't 700/800 then you'll have to enter custom tables, or possibly if it is a rebanded 800 MHz system too.

TGP

Premium Subscriber
Well if it is NOT a M96 control channel then you have to set one of the others. 3600 baud doesn't broadcast the tables, and if it isn't 700/800 then you'll have to enter custom tables, or possibly if it is a rebanded 800 MHz system too.

ILL. StarCom P25

Radio will pick up weather, or can hear audio in search on some 700/800 frq, but nothing on scan from what I thought I programed.

When I pull up the "sites" under trunked systems in my EZ Scan software it shows CC and TG's?
The display on the radio shows what I entered the way I entered it but no audio.

This thing has had me baffled since I got over a year ago. I had working once but only on one site.
Would never scan multiple sites. Then I done something fooling with it and now nothing, so I put it away until yesterday.
Thought I would try it again.
Thankfully I have all my Uniden's working flawlessly.
Thanks
Tom

KE5TLF

Well, unlike it's predecessors. you can't make it "lock on" to more than one site. However many CC's you have in the "system" it will pick whichever one it gets the best RSSI reading on and will then stick with only that one.

For it to listen to multiple sites, you have to create multiple copies of the "system", and put ONLY the CC for that particular site in each "system's" site info.

The way I do it for my state's sites is to just give the "system" name the name of the site. Start out with ONE copy of the "system" containing only one site. Get that one polished up the way you want it, then copy it as many times as you need, then go into each copy and rename it as you see fit and change the CC freq.

TGP

Premium Subscriber
Well, unlike it's predecessors. you can't make it "lock on" to more than one site. However many CC's you have in the "system" it will pick whichever one it gets the best RSSI reading on and will then stick with only that one.

For it to listen to multiple sites, you have to create multiple copies of the "system", and put ONLY the CC for that particular site in each "system's" site info.

The way I do it for my state's sites is to just give the "system" name the name of the site. Start out with ONE copy of the "system" containing only one site. Get that one polished up the way you want it, then copy it as many times as you need, then go into each copy and rename it as you see fit and change the CC freq.

Thanks.
Now I understand why I can't do what I wanted.
This is my first and last GRE.
I will try your suggestion.
TGP

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.