PSR-800 Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hi all. I am looking for ideas on videos to start recording about the PSR-800. I want to make videos either showing off the PSR-800 (sticking with this one for now) and videos showing features. I live in Omaha, NE, so I won't be able to show many systems but for beginners anything will help and "possibly" assist experts as reference material for instructing beginners.

Let me know what you would like me to record and if it is anything I'm not familiar with I will ask for instructions first. Things I'm willing to record are the scanners software, the scanners hardware, the EZScan Software, or anything that can be thought of.

scannerboy01

You could try starting with showing how to program analog channels. I thought about doing the same thing with the PSR-500, but I haven't gotten around it.

SCPD

QRT
I received the following request that I will add to the list:

"Would you consider doing a video on the different options for the Advanced Display mode of the PSR-800?"

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
1. Block programming of mode (AM), tone (NAC 167), reception mode (Analog), LED color (amber), etc.
I use this when importing a group of frequencies from the clipboard (oh, another idea for you)

2. Sorting conventional channels to verify programming - by frequency, by mode type, etc.
Do all of my airport/aircraft frequencies have analog and AM settings, for example.

3. Setting a new frequency, changing modes and settings, then duplicating.
I do this for conventional channel programming, when I know the settings are the same. Like a group of air frequencies (sorry, easy to keep with one analogy) for Delta Airlines. All the same reception mode, etc. for this.

4. Adding a new talkgroup to an existing & downloaded Trunked System.
By default, the software adds it to scanlist 1 (unless you default to another).

Thanks for the efforts, in whatever you choose to document.

E-Man

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I enjoyed your video's. Thanks for taking the time to make. You have sold me on the 800.

SCPD

QRT
Future videos will hopefully be more relaxed as this video I recorded 5-6 times (the full video) because the software kept failing to save. I switched software and it started working.

Gilligan

Database Admin
Thanks so much for taking the time to make these videos. I first really started researching the PSR-800 only a few weeks ago and now will most likely be purchasing one this coming week. So I greatly appreciate the detailed videos.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Thank You for the introduction, it was my first look at scanner software which is actually keeping me from purchasing this scanner...I have been in scanning over 40 years and all programming is done by hand because of my stupidity with computers....This is a big help....

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Excellent display of the features.....I still like doing programming by hand but thanks to u i may buy one in future....

SD70MAC

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; DROID BIONIC 4G Build/5.5.1_84_DBN-71) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Great job!

VE2NCG

Premium Subscriber
Thanks a lot for your efforts, not have yet buy a PSR-800 but being able to learn the software beforehand is very helpful!

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.