PSR EDIT and my new 500

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwb251

Premium Subscriber
Just got it and have to know if I'm on the right track.
Do I store all the things I want in the V channels ?

I deleted all the data, as I'm only going to use for thr SF Bay Area.
I would like to set all SF in say V1 Oakland in V2 and so on.

So for oakland, I activate V2 and then have seperate scanner lists for PD, Fire, PD air and so on..
I'm going to buy PSREdit so need to know what page to use to do this.

If one was to restore or keep the V channels as they were, you would just add you new data to them?

I come from a Pro 92 where Banks held all the various groups, so kinda want to start offf with the same format.

GREAT site... GRE is GREAT with customer service also

thanks for any info.. sure the answer is on this forum but asked in a different question

mikey60

Just got it and have to know if I'm on the right track.
Do I store all the things I want in the V channels ?

I deleted all the data, as I'm only going to use for thr SF Bay Area.
I would like to set all SF in say V1 Oakland in V2 and so on.

So for oakland, I activate V2 and then have seperate scanner lists for PD, Fire, PD air and so on..
I'm going to buy PSREdit so need to know what page to use to do this.

If one was to restore or keep the V channels as they were, you would just add you new data to them?

I come from a Pro 92 where Banks held all the various groups, so kinda want to start offf with the same format.

GREAT site... GRE is GREAT with customer service also

thanks for any info.. sure the answer is on this forum but asked in a different question

The VScanner folders are really only storage areas for different scanner configurations. They are not scanned unless loaded into main memory.

You would load each systems and talkgroups or frequency you want to listen to into a scanner configuration. You would assign each of those talkgroups and frequencies to at least one scan list.

In PSREdit500, you would then upload that configuration to the scanner using the upload to radio option.

Note that uploading the configuration to the scanner will overwrite anything that is in there now, so if you want to add something to what's in the radio, download the configuration, make your changes, and then upload the new configuration back into the radio.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.