PSR-Edit and Whistler WS1040

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimInMN

Premium Subscriber
The more I use this program, the more things make sense. I've got a good idea now how trunking works, etc. I've programmed my scanner about 3 times and each time, it works great and I hear stations talking, etc. The reason I keep uploading talkgroups, etc is because I'm discovering new groups and so I keep adding. An hour ago, I decided to start fresh which brought up an important question.

I backed up my list to my V-Scanner Memory...no problems there. I then selected "New" within PSR-Edit and started to load my talk groups, etc. I was doing bulk loading such as selecting all from each agency. I kept an eye on my total objects and stopped loading when I was in the 1700's (Max: 1800) I then shipped them over to the scanner and all was good but then I noticed something...

Every object was identical "8" times. ID#0001 through 0008 were identical everything. 0009 - 0016, identical and so on.

I then sorted it differently (not sure what I did) and it then showed the whole set of frequencies/Talkgroups in groups... In other words, the 220 frequencies were in correct order from top to bottom. When you scrolled down to the last one, then it grouped the same 220 frequencies again.....8 times in total.

I left the first set of frequencies and deleted the rest. Scanner seems to be working just fine.

Why did it make 8 copies of all the frequencies? Did I do something wrong? Maybe I missed a radio button, etc. Or maybe it is suppose to have 8 of each... I don't know and would love to find out what I should do about this before I do anymore programming.

Tim
Cloquet, Minnesota

TimInMN

Premium Subscriber
So, I examined psredit500 more in depth and see a box labeled [TGRP's Needed: 8]

It doesn't appear to be adjustable but I am confused as to why this is done or what its purpose is. Anyone know this one?

TimInMN

Premium Subscriber
Okay, now I see why no one has answered this question...because it made no sense. I must have looked at that 20 times before I realized that it is not a TGRP but a TSYS.

And...because no one answered my question, I had to actually look it up myself to find the answer. Imagine that. :) I did try to find the answer before but I was inputting the wrong info and not finding the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.