PSR scan list question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Hi folks..... I've got a quick question regarding scan lists on the PSR500 (dont have one currently but hopefully soon). I've been doing some reading and I'm trying to wrap my head around the object oriented programming vs Uniden's dynamic memory. Here is my question... On a Uniden radio such as the BC246, I can enter as many systems as I can fit in memory, 10 of which get assigned a quick key. Now I'm looking at the PSR's 20 scan lists in the same light as the quick keys on the 246. Can I store more than 20 systems into the PSR at any give time, with only certain ones assigned to scan lists? (which could be re-organized later as needed).... or am I limited to strictly the 20 assigned systems with the rest shuffled off into v-scanner land? I'm thinking the latter is likely true, which would be sort of a shame. As much as I love the features the PSR's offer, I really like how the dynamic memory works, especially being able to take a large trunking system, assigned to a quick key, then being able to sub-divide with group keys (police, fire, ems etc etc).

tommyscan

Premium Subscriber
what the psr offers above that is treating any scannable id/frequency as an individual object .meaning that you can group any number of combinations for the alloted memory!! Thats user customizing at its best!!!!!!!! Not to mention all the other bells and whistles. This receiver is unbelievable in its capability and I see myself remaining a loyal gre customer for the remainder of my listening years. I suggest upgrading to the line of gre scanners!!!!

DonS

You can enter as many "trunked systems" as you want, subject to memory constraints (a trunked system takes, at most, 10 "blocks" of memory, a talkgroup takes 1 block, and there are 1852 blocks available).

In the PSR-500, trunked systems ("TSYS objects") have nothing to do with "scan lists". Instead, the talkgroups themselves ("TGRP objects") belong to zero, one, or more scan lists.

Theoretically, you could have 168 different Motorola trunking systems, each with one talkgroup, in the PSR-500.

You can also "lock out" individual talkgroup objects, as well as an entire trunking system.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Ah, ok.... I guess I wasn't thinking in broad enough terms when it comes to the PSR's setup. Enter all the info you want, then use any combination of said info and assign it to scan lists. Woooo that could get rather flexible in a hurry couldn't it? I likey :)

Next question... Whats the most recent version of the owners manual out there? The one on GRE's site is 1.2 from Feb/08 I believe. The PSR-500 Yahoo group has 1.9, yet it's dated 2007.... Hopefully they update it fairly regularly to cover all the goodies they keep adding.

Status
Not open for further replies.