PSR-XXX "feet" (read)

Status
Not open for further replies.

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
don't know how to explain what I am looking for but here goes.

since the speakers are on the bottom of the PSR series radios, i'm looking for (ideally) some foldable rubber "feet" (think the bottom of your keyboard) to elevate the front of the radio about 3/4"-1" --- just slightly on my desk so the audio is better.

anyone have any ideas where to find something like this?

TIA

doug

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Those come with each new GRE/WHISTLER UNIDEN scanner sold and are made to put on the bottom of the mobile brackets so they can be used. They also sale the rubber feet at Walmat and other stores pack of 12 about $2.

ScannerSK

the rubber feet at walmart are not tall enough for my application.

Do you still have the metal bracket that came with the scanner? It lifts the scanner about one inch off the ground. The rubber feet go on the bottom of the metal bracket and lift it more than one inch off the ground.

Shawn

DJ11DLN

Do you still have the metal bracket that came with the scanner? It lifts the scanner about one inch off the ground. The rubber feet go on the bottom of the metal bracket and lift it more than one inch off the ground.

Shawn
This. The mobile bracket will lift it quite high enough to let the speaker work well. If you don't have the bracket, you can surely get one from Whistler, one for a 1065 would work perfectly...or you can get a piece of sheet metal from the hardware store and make your own easily if you have access to a vise, a drill, and a tape measure. And the Walmart rubber stick-ons will keep it from marring whatever surface you set the scanner on.

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
the mobile bracket will work i suppose... just not the exact solution i was after. thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.