psr300

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjbjr

Ive got all the frequencies stored in,and i see them.But all i hear are just chirps of information.Am i doing somethign wrong?

N8IAA

Ive got all the frequencies stored in,and i see them.But all i hear are just chirps of information.Am i doing somethign wrong?

I presume that you know that the Macon/Bibb county system is a mixed mode of analog and digital? You will only be able to hear the Analog TGID's. Set up the scanner as MOT for the bank and MOT for each CC. It is possible that they changed to the new digital P-25 system. Best if you post your inquiry to the Georgia forum:)
HTH

mjbjr

Familiar,maybe lol. I know they ahave a mixed as far as digital and analog.I have a pro 197 that i use and it picls up great with no prop;ems at all.I used the psrEDIT software to upload it.I used the same software to upload to the psr300,so am i missing something?I have no cluse how to program these manually,i have a hard enough time turning on the computer.

Is there a moderator that can move this to the Georgia section so i dont have to start a second topic on this?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The 300 doesn't use object oriented organization for its memory; you need a different program. PSRedit300, ARC300 or Win97. All 3 work with the PSR-300

73 Mike

mjbjr

I dont know what all that means specifically,but all the names match the names i got off the psr300 software.those are the ones i uploaded to the scanner..minus the parks and rec ones

mjbjr

I get nothing actually.I turn my 197 on and the 300 to see if it picks anything up,but i get nothing.

N8IAA

I get nothing actually.I turn my 197 on and the 300 to see if it picks anything up,but i get nothing.

Do you have the P-25 system programmed into the 197? They may have migrated to the new digital system. Best to post in GA forum for more accurate answers:)

Status
Not open for further replies.