psr310 scanlist insertion/delete question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryradio

Premium Subscriber
PSR-310

I keep my frequencies in alphabetical order. Is there a way to insert an object into a scanlist and having all subsequent objects move up a number?

I also cant seem to get a grip on deleting objects... when one is removed, the object number is also removed. remaining objects dont move down a number.

I hope Im making sense?

ibagli

Object IDs can only be changed with software. (In Win500, you can sort objects by their alpha tag and then reassign the object IDs.)

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Psr-310

I keep my frequencies in alphabetical order.
Do you mean numerical order? Otherwise I might take that to mean you keep them in alphabetical order based on their text tags. I have some groups of channels that I keep in numeric order by frequency, and other groups I keep in order by agency name (text tag in alphabetical order)

Is there a way to insert an object into a scanlist and having all subsequent objects move up a number?
Yes, but not with manual editing within the scanner.

I also cant seem to get a grip on deleting objects... when one is removed, the object number is also removed. remaining objects dont move down a number.
Not if you are deleting manually within the scanner.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I notice you've been posting a lot of threads/questions about the 310/410. Have you taken some time to read through this guide?

Easier to Read PSR310/410 Scanner Manual

I don't ask to blow you off, only that I'm not sure you're familiar with it. Many of your questions are already answered in that guide.

Additionally, if you don't already have them, it would be wise for you to purchase the GRE programming cable and some software. It makes programming much easier, as well you can save all your data in case the scanner flakes out.

ryradio

Premium Subscriber
Alphabetical in regards to the tags. I have used the somewhat easier to read manual, I must have missed this in it. When you delete an object, it deletes that object number as well and I cant seem to figure out how to restore that space/# in my scanlist.

I did not bite the bullet on the cable and software since there are only a few analog trunked systems I want to monitor and my area is in transition and a digital upgrade is in the immenent future. I would consider purchasing the software and cable if I can find a cheap alternative to the GSR branded cable.

In any case, I apreciate all your responses to my inquiries.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.