PSR310 vs/ Uniden BC346xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radioman_911

911 Dispatch & Ham Radio guy!
Premium Subscriber
I have a GRE PSR-310 trunking scanner and am getting rid of due to the known sensitivity of GRE scanners from near by transmitters (Cell towers,etc) I wont go in depth about that though... what im wanting to know is the Uniden BC346xt better or worse in your opinion compared to the PSR-310? Because i am picking one up tomorrow.

Your feedback is appreciated.. and just for the record my mind is set on getting rid of the PSR-310, its just a matter of getting the new one and making sure its not a bad decision.

scannersnstuff

i don't think you'll regret getting one. if you need milair, this scanner will not receive it. the scanner is very capable though. had 2.

if you have any question's,just ask.

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
The BC346XT is a nice scanner with nice functions,but it does not digital trunktrack or pick up MILAIR freqs.

ST-Bob

Premium Subscriber
There's a thing called a tuneable notch-filter that will fix your problem. Is it free? No. Should GRE put one in every scanner? No.
99% of the customers who buy these scanners don't live within spitting distance of an interfering pager or other high powered transmitter that would showcase the problem.

I have a Pro-163 feeding my RadioReference feed and had to apply a notch filter to clean up the local pagers which caused horrible intermod on all my VHF reception. No more problems...

In my opinion; suck it up and fix your problem. Don't blame the manufacturer for the unique circumstances of your RF-flooded reception area. Do something about it. It cost me maybe $80 to solve all my problems for multiple scanners attached to that antenna system. A far better dollar ratio than making each scanner cost $80 more for everybody when the 1% who actually need the notch filter are the only ones affected IMHO.

Radioman_911

Premium Subscriber
There's a thing called a tuneable notch-filter that will fix your problem. Is it free? No. Should GRE put one in every scanner? No.
99% of the customers who buy these scanners don't live within spitting distance of an interfering pager or other high powered transmitter that would showcase the problem.

I have a Pro-163 feeding my RadioReference feed and had to apply a notch filter to clean up the local pagers which caused horrible intermod on all my VHF reception. No more problems...

In my opinion; suck it up and fix your problem. Don't blame the manufacturer for the unique circumstances of your RF-flooded reception area. Do something about it. It cost me maybe $80 to solve all my problems for multiple scanners attached to that antenna system. A far better dollar ratio than making each scanner cost $80 more for everybody when the 1% who actually need the notch filter are the only ones affected IMHO.

Understandable, but i want the ease of being able to use my handheld scanner w/out attaching a tunable notch filter. I know that would have solved my problem, but i recently sold the PSR 310 and spent an extra $30 to get the BC346XT and it works 10 times better w/out the inconvenience of buying a notch filter. And yes i do think GRE should address this issue b/c i know numerous people who have same problem w/ GRE devices.

Radioman_911

Premium Subscriber
Oh and to the previous posters... i went and did it. Ham Radio Outlet actually made an exception for me and returned it and then went to Fry's electronics and picked up BC346xt for $199. Works awesome, no problems at all so far! Don't get me wrong the UI took like 8hrs straight to finally get a feel for the menu's and all that. But now i have 4 local 800mhz systems programmed in and nicely organized!

Status
Not open for further replies.