PSR410 RSSI Problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Don't ask me why I am just noticing this even though I have had my 410 for a month now. I realized today after comparing 2 signals on the 310 and the 410, that the 410 only has 4 signal bars at full strength while the 310 has the full 5 bars. Now, just to make sure I am not going nuts, I plugged in a GMRS frequency on both scanners (indoor antennas on both) and used my Wouxon portable to TX a signal. Sure enough, full 5 bars on the 310 and only 4 bars on the 410. Attenuator is set to normal on both. Anyone ever have this happen to them? Any suggestions? I have tried resetting, I have tried cloning, no changes! I have both Win 500 and ARC 310. I am running out of things to try here! Now I know that the signal bars are not true signal strength indicators as they woyld be on a transceiver. It just bugs me not knowing why the difference!

Manny

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Assuming you haven't altered them from their default settings, have you checked under the "Extended Settings" tab on Win 500 to see what the "RSSI Bar Thresholds" are set at in each scanner (after reading each scanner with W500)?

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Assuming you haven't altered them from their default settings, have you checked under the "Extended Settings" tab on Win 500 to see what the "RSSI Bar Thresholds" are set at in each scanner (after reading each scanner with W500)?

Yes, I did! They are all set to factory specs. I never altered them in any way.

Manny

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
And does each scanner have the exact same values set?

Yes they do! I finally got the problem fixed! During a recent cloning from the 310 to the 410, the 410 did the infamous GRE scanner upload failure and I had to resend the data. I believe it was after this that the problem began. Now I did a complete reset of the radio and entered a frequency manually. All 5 bars appeared. I then recloned the 410 (no failure this time) and it works perfectly as it should. I am assuming that the failure during the data transfer caused the problem.

Manny

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Great! Glad you got it fixed.

After getting my 310, I've had some of those upload fails myself.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Great! Glad you got it fixed.

After getting my 310, I've had some of those upload fails myself.

I don't understand why GRE has not looked into or solved these widespread upload issues! Anyway, all is well again! Thanks for your input and suggestions!

Manny

P.S. I miss going to Colorado! Nice state!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.