PSR500/600 Search and Sweeper logging to File????

Status
Not open for further replies.

daiche

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to find a way to automatically log to file from Search or Sweeper on my PSR500 and PSR600.

I have Win500 and ARC500 Pro which can both log known Scan Objects, but automatic logging of unknown stuff from Searches and near-field Sweeps would be what I want to log. Do I have to make a scanable Search or Sweep object to get that to work?

I tried Scanbuddy which claims to automatically log hits from Sweeper. It seems to only log the first frequency found and does not add additional frequencies found no matter what the settings are for 'log and resume', etc.

I eventually want to log audio also, if I ever figure out whether Search and Sweeper logging can be done.

daiche

Premium Subscriber
Thanks DaveIN for answering. I tried that and did get it working, for logging at least. Haven't tried audio recording yet. I had never had a reason to make a Search or Sweeper object before. You would think that it would be documented somewhere, the difference and advantage of objects vs direct Searches/Sweeps. I noticed that many read my plea for help. Hi! Only you answered!

I have a number of analog radios ie AR8200/8600 and R7100, as well as several PSR500/600's and was considering whether I could do most of my 'electronic fishing' using only the newer trunking scanners to log new stuff. It looks like I could do most except for wireless microphones, TV and FM, although Spectrum Commander and RadioControl (for analog scanners mostly) have some pretty nice mapping tools that are not in Win500 and ARC500 yet.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
The PSR-500 is a formative tool for capturing trunked systems and near field frequency hits. Mine is extremely sensitive. On an external Scantenna during the holiday season I use the sweeper to capture DX civil air traffic from great distances. It's also fun to catch DX Rail also.

Status
Not open for further replies.