PSR500 and WIN500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nautical

Anyone here in AR programming the PSR500 with the WIN500 software?

If so, can you offer any advice on how to properly download the info using the AWIN system? I plan on traveling to Coupus Christi toward the end of the month. I can't seem to grasp what step I am missing when downloading from RR's database. I have no problems downloading, or uploading to the radio, that all seems to work fine. I just don't think I have something set up correctly.

When I use the "web import" function I select Arkansas for the state, and Faulkner for the county, there are then two options. The "AWINS" system, or "Conway Faulkner County.

If I select AWINS, I am presented a list of 73 "sites". I am leaving the "CC" box checked, and am selecting the freq's for "Troop A". I can't get all of them as it exceeds the limit of 32 channels. I selected all of the talk groups. The screen says there are 104 talkgroups, but when I select the box it shows I have seleced 493. As I don't know what I am doing, I went ahead and seleted all of them. When I upload all that to the radio under scanlist one, I do not believe I am recieveing the traffic I have selected. I listened for about 2 hours, and only heard one transmission that was labeled 'National Guard.

When I download the other option, "Conway Faulkner County" I do recieve a lot of traffic from the local FD, UCA police, MEMS, etc, but I never hear anything from the Conway PD. I changed all the channels I could find to change the color of the LED to green, but so far have not seen any traffic on any of those channels.

After I download the info, am I suppose to manually put in trunking tables? Or does the software automatically create that from the RR database.

Sorry this is so wordy, but this is still very new to me and I am trying to learn the proper way to use this software.

Skip

Nautical

Recieved File

Thanks for the file. I have it on the radio now, and am getting plenty of traffic. I have not had a chance to compare the file to what I had. Yours has tons more info in it. I was trying not to add too much at a time so I could try and figure out what each function did. If you don't mind I would like to send my file back to you, then maybe you could see what I have done wrong. Will have to find out how to zip it, although the file is not very big, can I attach a file here and not have it zipped?

Thanks again, I will study your file and see what I can learn. I would also like to monitor Perry county, which I believe is Troop J. If you select all the troop J sites, do you have to also select all the talk groups? or will the talk groups work for all of the sites once you have downloaded them?

Thanks much. I may have to dirve to the NE part of the state......bring a laptop......get some lessons.....buy dinner? :)

Skip

Last edited:

btritch

We can see about that... Troop J is different, How far are you from it because I'm one county over from Troop B and I can't hear them at all from here.. If it's very far away, You won't hear it without an outdoor yagi pointed directly at their tower.. But you should be able to select Troop J frequencies, Then just the TG's you want such as Perry County SO, OEM, Etc. and it should work IF you're going to pick it up from there.. I have also a Troop J file, But you'd have to put it in a seperate V Folder and monitor it seperate, I'm not too famililar with that system myself so as far as putting them in the same one, I don't know why it wouldn't work, Not sure though.. I was wondering how well that troop J file worked, I hadn't had a chance to check it, The only ones I've checked are B, C, and I .. The others I haven't had time or a chance yet...If you want to send that file to me not zipped send it to the address I PM'd you.. Or just right click, Got to Send To, Compressed Zipped Folder.. and post it then..

Status
Not open for further replies.