psr500 battery pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul1

Premium Subscriber
if i accuire an additional yellow battery pack from gre is there a battery charger avaliable to use with the yellow battery pack. i do not want to remove the batteries every time they need to be recharged. i understant that they can be charged in the scanner However , from the posts that I have been reading on psr batteries{NIMH batteries} its best to recharg them outside of the radio . so i would prefer to have two holders and one charger that will charge the batteries in the holder. because i prefer not to remove the batteries all the time. my question is is there a charger that will do this? thanks Paul1

paul1

Premium Subscriber
ok thanks and maby gre will pick up on this . it would be a nice feature for us lazy old men who are afraid of damaging ether the holder or the battries from removing them all the time. thanks again Paul1

robsterw

I was thinking of having multiple yellow battery holders too, instead of removing the batteries in the psr-500 everytime.
I'd call it an ad-hoc battery pack which would make for a quicker swap out to the external charger if they die.
Dunno where or how much the extra yellow holder would be. I'll see if I can find out later.

N0GTG

Scanner programmer since 1997
Premium Subscriber
I ordered an extra yellow battery holder several years ago for my PRO-96 thru Radio Shack Unlimited. You go to a RS store, and pay them, and Ft Worth sends it to you. I probably paid more than $5.95 by the time I paid shipping, though.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
There is not a charger for the GRE battery holders.

I built one several years ago for the Pro-92b I had. Used a couple of 3/32 screws as contacts and built a charger cup out of sheet styrene from the model railroad store. All I had to do was drop the pack into the charger cup, and it slow-charged the batteries. Worked like a charm.

Unfortunately it vanished when I moved...

Shouldn't be too hard to build one yourself, though. There are slow-charger circuits on the internet in several places.

Status
Not open for further replies.