psr500 case

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanTheFreqs

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
hello, i will be buying AT LEAST a case for my psr500 with my "economic stimulus" check, so i was just wondering if you guys could make me a list of places that sells a case for this scanner. and then maybe give me your opinion of the case you bought....
thanks!

raisindot

ScanTheFreqs said:
hello, i will be buying AT LEAST a case for my psr500 with my "economic stimulus" check, so i was just wondering if you guys could make me a list of places that sells a case for this scanner. and then maybe give me your opinion of the case you bought....
thanks!

Read the thread that the initial responder provided. I bought the Likase, and I think it's great. I didn't want to spend $40 for the hard case, and I wanted one that used the 500's belt clip rather than added a separate tail to it. I also wanted one that had a plastic cover over the display. The Likase fits all of criteria. It does need a bit of surgery to get the scanner to stand up with it in (read the thread).

I know that Scannermaster offers a cheaper non-hard case as well. Haven't seen it in person, but I would imagine it would fit the bill as well. Nice thing about these cases is that the manufacturers really do seem to care about making it fit the scanner; it's not some generic ipod like thing.

Suzie

ScanTheFreqs

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
yeah i read it, great info! i want leather and belt clips dont mean much to me and my situation, so lilkase is looking pretty good....
i just want someting that looks professional and will prevent the case from getting scratched when it gets dropped, i wouldnt mind have a plastic screen over the whole keypad but that also is not a necessity

can anyone comment on how strong the snap on the lilkase is?

Last edited:

emscapt9816

Retired, but somehow working harder now...
Premium Subscriber
Lilkase for the PSR-500

The snap is secure. I'm very happy with the whole case. Hint: place a felt dot over the snap on the inside of the case to prevent scratching.

raisindot

ScanTheFreqs said:
yeah i read it, great info! i want leather and belt clips dont mean much to me and my situation, so lilkase is looking pretty good....
i just want someting that looks professional and will prevent the case from getting scratched when it gets dropped, i wouldnt mind have a plastic screen over the whole keypad but that also is not a necessity

can anyone comment on how strong the snap on the lilkase is?

I don't think the Likase is leather--think it's vinyl, if that makes a difference for you. It doesn't for me.
Also, I don't think the Likase will protect against damage if it's dropped--it's more of a skinlike thing than a hard, protective cover, but it definitely should protect against scratching. I carry my PSR to work in a notebook bag with a lot of other stuff jostling against it and have never had a problem.

Suzie

Status
Not open for further replies.