PSR500 Deaf to Phone Patches

Status
Not open for further replies.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
My PSR500 will recognize radio to radio private calls as advertised, but it will not recognize phone patches on a Moto Type IIi TRS. I even programmed in the radio IDs as private talkgroup objects that we use for the private call phone patches and did some tests, the scanner is deaf to the IDs in this mode. Can anyone explain or have any theories as to why this is so? Thanks.

Mark

RKG

For what it is worth, my PSR detects (as "private calls") telephone interconnects.

The SmartNet system handles a phone call function as a private call channel grant request to a UserID that is associated with the MRTI, so I don't see why the PSR would distinguish between private call channel grants based on the ID of the target (which it has no what of knowing is addressed to the MRTI).

mikey60

For what it is worth, my PSR detects (as "private calls") telephone interconnects.

The SmartNet system handles a phone call function as a private call channel grant request to a UserID that is associated with the MRTI, so I don't see why the PSR would distinguish between private call channel grants based on the ID of the target (which it has no what of knowing is addressed to the MRTI).

In P25 systems, the telephone interconnect channel grants are a totally different message than the private call channel grants. The Update messages are also different, although the formats are similar.

Mike

RKG

OK; the system I'm referring to is a SmartNet system; I didn't realize the OP was referring to P-25s.

DonS

OK; the system I'm referring to is a SmartNet system; I didn't realize the OP was referring to P-25s.

AFAIK, the O.P. only referred to a "Moto Type IIi TRS". I'm pretty sure that doesn't indicate a P25 system.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
It's not a real big deal because the feature is not used that much anymore, I'm just curious why it won't work on our system. The experts I've talked to suspect it might be a status bit issue?

Mark

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
It's not a real big deal because the feature is not used that much anymore, I'm just curious why it won't work on our system. The experts I've talked to suspect it might be a status bit issue?
That's incorrect. The format used is different than talkgroup calls. Status bits are not used.

Interconnect can be difficult to locate on some systems as the late entry message can be misconstrued (as noted above) as a Private Call, to put it simply. I'm not exactly sure how the logic works for PC's and the GRE but it may work in your favor by accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.