Psr500 Front End Overload Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul1

Premium Subscriber
Dose The Diamond Rh77ca Help With The Front End Overload On The Fm Frequencies That Have Plaged Me In The Wheeling West Va Area .i Monitor Ohio Countu And Marshall County In West Va. And Belmont And Jefferson Counties In Ohio And All Law Enforcement In Both States Some Of Which Are Fm Stations And The Overload Occurs On The Fm Range .can A Better Antenna Help .the Stock Antenna Works Good And Especially At Night. Hope You Can Advise .thanks Paul1

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
No Paul, it sounds like a nice FM filter is your answer here. A better antenna will only make things worse

73 Mike

paul1

Premium Subscriber
Ok But I Do Not Know Anything About Filters Orthings Like The Jim 96xi-1 Adjustable Filter .i Dont Want To Make The Scanner Appear Ungamy In Its Appearence .can Anyone Please Give Me Som Advice And Options That Might Work . The Things That I Have Mentioned Here I Have Read About In The Different Forums Please Provide Some Model # And Links .thanks For Your Help And Interest. Paul1

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Ok But I Do Not Know Anything About Filters Orthings Like The Jim 96xi-1 Adjustable Filter .i Dont Want To Make The Scanner Appear Ungamy In Its Appearence .can Anyone Please Give Me Som Advice And Options That Might Work . The Things That I Have Mentioned Here I Have Read About In The Different Forums Please Provide Some Model # And Links .thanks For Your Help And Interest. Paul1

Paul, if you are sure it is FM broadcast (~88-108 mhz) frequencies that are causing you the problems, then you might want to get a specific filter for that such as:

PAR Electronics VHF-FM

Most of his noncommercial filters usually cost in the range of $70 - You'll have to email him for pricing. I would recommend calling PAR Electronics and explaining to them exactly your situation - if you speak with Dale, I'll pretty much guarantee you that he'll ask you all the questions that he needs to ask in order to provide you with the best recommendation.

I have one of PAR's filters to handle WTOV9, and it worked wonders.

Mike

paul1

Premium Subscriber
Ok! Thanks for the help and the suggestion ,I tried using the atteneration button on the psr500 today to see if it helped and it did ,however i think i might have to keep track of the freq's that are locking up before i call them so that they might have some idea about what it is exactly what i need . i think that might be the proper cource of action to get best results .Thanks for the help.Paul1

tommyscan

Premium Subscriber
Just wondering if they make a low band filter?? I see the vhf/uhf/air but what about 33.00-46.500?? This area is of interest to me and I find most scanners are deaf in this range or have mega interference.

Status
Not open for further replies.