PSR500 LED question

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrumpyAeroGuy

Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to turn off the LED color inicators?

Is it the LED Blink On/Off in Win500 under the Alert/.../Display settings on the General Tab? Should I set these all to "0" ? Or is it easier/required to set all colors to BLACK in the talkgroup/object listings.

Would like to turn them on and off depending on situation and still have the color encoding I defined.

Got the PSR500 yesterday...

Win500 is awesome. Was up and running in 5min. Had pre-programmed everything ahead of time via the databases here...also awesome.

JoeyC

You don't need to mess with the color codes in the Alert/Sound/Light section.
Win500 defaults to no LED color anyway, so you don't need to worry about turning them off. You have to turn them ON if you want.

DonS

Would like to turn them on and off depending on situation and still have the color encoding I defined.

There are at least 2 ways to do that:
1. Use the "Light Mode: Stlth" mode to turn off all lights (backlights and tri-color LED)
2. Use two V-Scanner folders, one where the objects have LED settings, and one where they all use "LED Color: 0" (default black)

DonS

Using Alert Mode (PGM GLOB "Alert Mode") is probably easier and better:
* toggle between "Both" and "Light" if you also want tones
* toggle between "Light" and "Off" if you don't want tones
* toggle between "Both" and "Off" if you want to turn of the LED and tones together

This method doesn't use V-Scanners, and also leaves your LCD and Keypad backlight settings alone.

GrumpyAeroGuy

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for all of the great info. For me, DonS's approach is the most practical. Also, I appreciate the link to the "easier to understand" user's giude above his post as well.

Loads of great info in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.