Psr500 manuals

Status
Not open for further replies.

shack

I would like to know if they will ever make a manualthat is user friendly for those of us who dont know the ins and outs of computor loading or unloading, seems like roadblocks are many and all they say is read the archives which is about more of the same. shack/tryan143@yahoo.com

hoser147

Seems like paper manuals are getting to be a thing of the past, lots of products come with user CDs anymore.I for one prefer the old paper manuals, and so do many others. Suppose its the GREEN thing to do. I painfully copied mine here at home, other members took it to the local copy center store and had theirs made up.

shack

manual psr500

mornin/ you missed my train of though/ I too copied my manual at home made a book of it now just need to understand why it explains only put on ant./put in batt/turn it on! from there on I am LOST mostly. guess its one of them deals where you try different things trial and error is that what l missed?? had text the gre serv he (JACK) was good hooked me up with my county law/fire/ect. really enjoyin that but I'd like to search for things but im still not gettin it.so l though they mite redo the manual to be more user friendly,if you put down 500$ for a psr 500 you should be able to use the bells and whistles without all the problems some folks are having, and its many folks not just a couple here or there, and again a BIG THANKS to Jack from GRE who helped a great deal!!!

hoser147

Good mornin, I see what you are saying, I have had several contacts with GRE and Jack has been a great help on many occasions. Are you using software to program your scanner with? It makes it alot easier, I see that you are a premium subscriber already. There is alot of info in the Wiki that may help you find more direction and lots of knowledgeable people here in the forums, that can help you when questions arise. There is quite a learning curve to the scanner's of today, all the more need for an easier to operate scanner for the person that just wants to turn it on and listen.

shack

I tried win500 but inst. there didnt seem clear / guess ill try it again thanks for the comeback!

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I would like to know if they will ever make a manualthat is user friendly for those of us who dont know the ins and outs of computor loading or unloading, seems like roadblocks are many and all they say is read the archives which is about more of the same. shack/tryan143@yahoo.com

Scanners are getting more complex and advanced technically to a point where it is no longer possible to write a user friendly manual. They can be overwhelming at first, but if you take your time, and really read the manuals, rather than just skip around, it will eventually make sense to you.

Here is a link to Radio Shack's manual for the PRO-106, which is a clone of the PSR-500. Maybe it's written a little differently and will be easier to grasp. Or between the two, it will help.

You can view it on-line, or download it as a PDF file, for viewing/printing with Adobe Acrobat Reader (free is you don't have it).

http://www.radioshack.com/graphics/uc/rsk/Support/ProductManuals/2000106_PM_EN.pdf

Terp

I have to agree with you shack, these manuals and even the "easy to read", the Wiki site, like I said before you need to be a ITT graduate to understand this stuff. I think the problem is that its not explained in the terms for beginners, its explained for people who have been around these scanners for some time, even the software ARC500, WIN500, not at all beginner user friendly. I'm going to try and find someone around town who knows about scanners and pick his brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.