Psr500 Pro Clip Mount

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul1

Premium Subscriber
I Would Like To Use The Proclip Dash Mount On The Leftside Of My Dash With A 15 Degree Slant That Will Accomodate The Psr500 Belt Clip For Fast Removal . Any Ideas ? Paul1

freqhunter

Premium Subscriber
After a quick look through their web site, I do not see any specific application for GRE. Looks like experimentation and trial & error would be the only route.

They do have some cool stuff. A little expensive though. Go to Radio Shack and get a vent mount cell phone holder. They work great! I paid under $10.00 a piece for the ones I have. The PSR-500 will fit in them.

paul1

Premium Subscriber
Psr500 Mount

I Will Have A Look At The Vent Mount Before I Do Anything ,but I Really Like The Way Proclip Seems Tp Work And The Ability To Get A Adapter Plate That Tilts 10 Or 15 Degrees Seems Perfect For Me . I Am A Machinist So I Btlieve That I Can Make A Plate That Might Adapt To The Proclip. However Thanks For Your Interest And Advice. Sincerely Paul1

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Go to Radio Shack and get a vent mount cell phone holder. They work great! I paid under $10.00 a piece for the ones I have. The PSR-500 will fit in them.

Be careful using vent mounts with the A/C running in high humidity climates. It will cause condensation to develop inside your radio.

paul1

Premium Subscriber
Psr500 Proclip Mount

Good Advice About The Vent Mount , It Makes A Lot Of Sence, We Dont Want Condensation Inside Our Radios, Thanks For The Heads Up I Completely Did Not Consider That Possibility, Thanks Again .paul1

freqhunter

Premium Subscriber
Check your car, most new cars & trucks allow you to independently cycle each vent. In my 07 GMC Sierra, I am able to shut off the vent that the mount resides on.

paul1

Premium Subscriber
Ok Fello Scann Heads, Today I Spoke With The People At Pro Clip And They Have The Solution To My Problem , For Those Who Are Interested, I Have Ordered A #803800left Side Dash Mount With A 15 Degree Adaptor Plate #215163,and A V Slot Plate That Serves 2 Functions#215052,including Accomodating The Belt Clip On My Scanner Chech Them Out On The Pro Clip Site I Think All Will Appreciate The Beauty Of Their System. Again Thanks Four Past Help And Intrest.paul1

Status
Not open for further replies.