PSR500/PWC - talkgroups hanging after rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

innova

Premium Subscriber
Win500 seems to default "EndtoneMot" to 250 instead of the new default of 80. Changed this but doesn't seem to have any effect.

"Endtone Threshold" EndtoneMot The Motorola 3600 end tone number of bits required to mute at end of signal.

I've reached out to GRE for support will report back if anything comes of it.

Last edited:

innova

Premium Subscriber
For those still following this, GRE has been very responsive in working with me on this and after much testing, they believe that PWC has left a channel in test mode after the rebanding. I heard some "testing" chatter this a.m. so hopefully this will resolve itself soon. Last night was almost impossible to listen as it was sticking constantly, maybe related to all the FD activity.

W4UVV

Hanging voice repeater frequency

For those still following this, GRE has been very responsive in working with me on this and after much testing, they believe that PWC has left a channel in test mode after the rebanding. I heard some "testing" chatter this a.m. so hopefully this will resolve itself soon. Last night was almost impossible to listen as it was sticking constantly, maybe related to all the FD activity.

GRE is correct. A few years ago Chesterfield Co. had a hanging repeater frequency as did the STARS Richmond site. Your choices are lockout the hanging repeater frequency or tolerate the hangup. Eventually the system radio techs corrected the problem but meanwhile it was annoying.

PWCBum

Premium Subscriber

Glad to hear that something may have come of this. What is very curious to me is that it seems to affect some listeners but not others. I believe you mentioned you have the PSR-500, so, we are listening with the same radio. All afternoon and evening yesterday, I only had it hangup twice, about 1330hrs and 1500hrs, but, not enough to make it diffucult to listen.

Anyone have any thoughts?

PWCBum

Premium Subscriber
1500hrs drop off on signal strength

This is interesting, at this same time yesterday, just about 1500, i could watch the signal strength of the control channel dropping off significantly. Scanner has been on and tracking just fine until now, I can watch the meter (which while scanning displays the strength of the control channel) go from 0 to 4 and back down, over and over. So strange.

Didn't get any hangups as has been discussed above, but, perhaps its just a fluke.

innova

Premium Subscriber
Signal is showing pretty strong here (pegged at 5) and haven't seen it drop, will keep an eye on it. Regarding the hangups, I must say I've only seen it once today, which is a huge improvement. Keeping fingers crossed.

PWCBum

Premium Subscriber
Signal is showing pretty strong here (pegged at 5) and haven't seen it drop, will keep an eye on it. Regarding the hangups, I must say I've only seen it once today, which is a huge improvement. Keeping fingers crossed.

The signal strength only fluctuated for about 15 minutes or so. All has been fine since then. Just the usual Woodbridge fun, breakins and cigarette smuggling. :rollseyes

PWCBum

Premium Subscriber
LOL was listening to that as well. What was the outcome?

I missed it, the kids wanted dinner. Lol. Last I heard was when they had him stopped and were discussing searching the van.

It was interesting listening to the attempts at probable cause, and the laws about how many cartons of cigarettes one can have.

SomeDude64

Premium Subscriber
At the risk of sounding like an absolute newbie, which I guess I am, how does one modify a PRO-106 to listen to the rebanded Prince William County channels? I'm using a new unregistered trial version of WIN500 and a paid subscription to Radio Reference. I'm able to import the trunked PWC info from RR but when I upload it to the scanner, I'm still not hearing anything. Was RR updated for the PWC rebanding? Is there a way I can tell if my scanner was properly updated by checking a specific stored control channel frequency? The documentation for WIN500 was no help to me at all. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.