PSR500/PWC - talkgroups hanging after rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4BOZ

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what causes this? I changed the System Frequencies after Prince William County rebanded in Win500 and now my PSR500 will stop on certain talkgroups and just sit there. If I'm holding on one particular talkgroup, the status light will come on but I'll hear no traffic.

Is this a system problem or a radio programming problem?

W4BOZ

Premium Subscriber
Looks like I may have fixed it. For some reason, Win500 wouldn't keep the 800MHz Rebanded Trunking Table when it was writing it to the radio. I'd upload to the radio and then download it again and it would default back to the regular trunking table. I uninstalled and reinstalled Win500 and rewrote everything to the radio and it seems to be working OK now.

I guess for the record, Win500 has been kind of wonky of my computer at times. It works fine on other systems I have though.

innova

Premium Subscriber
Are you speaking about this dropdown? My trunking tables show "Custom" but I haven't manually selected anything in this window, assuming it's the same thing.

screenshot20120202at535.jpg

W4BOZ

Premium Subscriber
Yes, but in my case the table data would zero out as well.

Edit: I guess that's just the tip of the iceberg. It's tracking better than it was before with just the system frequencies changed and no rebanding information loaded but I'm still getting hanging talkgroups. I just redid my Pro-96 and am having the same issue.

Last edited:

innova

Premium Subscriber
Not that I was wishing anything bad on you, but there's comfort in knowing its not just me :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

innova

Premium Subscriber
Maybe the PWC feed owner could chime in, I'm hearing FD transmissions on the feed while seeing the locks on FD with no sound here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

innova

Premium Subscriber
Is it possible to move talkgroups around to different frequencies? That appears to be part of what's going on here. Hearing school bus traffic (known TGRPs) on scanlists for what was previously only police TGRPs.

PWCBum

Premium Subscriber
Is it possible to move talkgroups around to different frequencies? That appears to be part of what's going on here. Hearing school bus traffic (known TGRPs) on scanlists for what was previously only police TGRPs.

What TG's were you hearing the 'mixed' traffic? I set up a wildcard tonight hoping to maybe stumble across some new ones, if indeed they did move around, but, so far, I've heard nothing but East1 & 2, West1, Admin, Tac2, and School Security, all known.... hasn't been any fire traffic in a while, but, I did hear some earlier this evening... so strange.

innova

Premium Subscriber
The mixed stuff was coming in on East 1, West 1, and 5B. Something also holding East 1 open indefinitely. Surely a list exists somewhere, hopefully it'll get to here somehow.

W4BOZ

Premium Subscriber
To add to this, I've been noticing that when I hold on one TG (in my case, usually it's West 1), it seems to hold on one voice frequency: 852.7875. The last time it did this a few minutes ago, I punched in that frequency on another digital scanner and heard a strong dead carrier followed by a short burst of digital noise and then the carrier stopped.

W4BOZ

Premium Subscriber
Not really. I've had a scanner forever but am still pretty green when it comes to how everything works passed some of the intermediate stuff. I'll ask around and see if I can find out more information on what might cause that.

The same channel still works when it's not doing what I describe. As I type this, I was hearing a dead carrier on that frequency and then heard digital voice traffic that was coming over West 1.

PWCBum

Premium Subscriber
The mixed stuff was coming in on East 1, West 1, and 5B. Something also holding East 1 open indefinitely. Surely a list exists somewhere, hopefully it'll get to here somehow.

I'll let the wildcard run tomorrow while I am at the office, see if any new TGs pop up. I did notice East1 being held open the other day....hmmm.

I am very curious as to the lack of FD activity tonight, but, it could just be a very slow night. But, it still makes me question the programming.

Out of curiosity, where would one obtain a system map? Is that something that someone within the agency could get ahold of?

PWCBum

Premium Subscriber
Not really. I've had a scanner forever but am still pretty green when it comes to how everything works passed some of the intermediate stuff.

I'm with ya there!! :)

The same channel still works when it's not doing what I describe. As I type this, I was hearing a dead carrier on that frequency and then heard digital voice traffic that was coming over West 1.

Was that the car in the ditch? ;)

PWCBum

Premium Subscriber
Maybe the TGRPs will mysteriously update in the DB at some point :D

I have a couple friends on the force, was just curious if that was something I could prod them to get ahold of, or if they'll look at me like "wtf are you talking about" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.