psr500 recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I have a problem recording the audio to my computer. Its a compaq pressrio f745nr. I try to record on desktop no problem comes in clear on laptop seems low and static at the sametime or too loud where it won't record right? Has anyone had this problem on any recorder. I'm using this from davee site I have the radio shack male plug in on each end. like this one but black. I used that for my little mp3 player sounds good I don't know if I have to get another cable?

Last edited:

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
I use ScanRec everyday, on several computers. It's a real ***** sometimes to get the recording level right. Go into the recording levels on your computer's sound card. Adjust the scanner's volume and computer (line-in or mic-in) recording level while watching the samp rate screen on the ScanRec program to where you're getting verticle lines that cover 2/3 to 3/4 the level of the screen above and below the line. That seems to work pretty well, without it washing out the sound on playback. Remember, laptop speakers inherently suck, so that may be the problem also!!! If you have a set of amplified external computer speakers, hook those up and set up your record levels to whatever sounds best on playback.

Mark

Last edited:

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I did that last night after this post. I don't think I have line in but do have a mic port. I have to tried mic levels I also did the volume too. I did scan on pd and adjust the volume comes in clear than crappy. I use my headphone to listen back see what it sounds. I wonder if they have a mic cable I can buy wonder if that will help. I also have the channels on record from the win500 software first they were not checked on the box. Thanks for you help.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I took the laptop to bestbuy and had them look at the computer I brought my scanner cable also they got it going when I got it back test it went back to crapy.. I did a two tone test on the radio and comes in clear when I talk after the tow tone my voice its static. Not sure if there is a setting on the radio I can mess with.

Status
Not open for further replies.