psr500 software/usage of all 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyscan

Premium Subscriber
This might be a silly question but can using the 3 common softwares of win500,psredit and arc500 damage the way the unit scans?? I wasnt happy with win500 or the arc500. I liked the psredit but used all 3 in one of my folders. I noticed strange scanning speeds on some systems,preventing me to hear a complete conversation without the unit jumping back to scan?? Should you stick with 1 type?

DonS

External (PC) software only sends the same data that you can program from the scanner's keypad. There are some settings (i.e. what appears on the scanner's "FUNC GLOB" menu) that can affect how the scanner performs.

Software cannot "damage" the scanner itself.

Deeke

If you are talking about using all 3 to program the scanner, ie read the program with psredit, make changes and load it into the scanner and the using another to do the same thing, then the answer is no.
Only one program can use the com port at a time.

It could be that you may not have checked everything b4 sending it to the scanner in one of the programs ie arc500 default programming changed something.

The best thing to do is to use the last known program (psredit, win500,arc500) to reprogram it with a known file you have saved. FIRST default the scanner and the load the program.

mikey60

This might be a silly question but can using the 3 common softwares of win500,psredit and arc500 damage the way the unit scans?? I wasnt happy with win500 or the arc500. I liked the psredit but used all 3 in one of my folders. I noticed strange scanning speeds on some systems,preventing me to hear a complete conversation without the unit jumping back to scan?? Should you stick with 1 type?

This sounds more like either the Weather Priority, or regular priority is turned on. As Don said, all of the software packages send pretty much the same information to the scanner. The only thing I canthink of that woull take you away from what you're hearing in scan mode is the Priority settings (although it should return you to where you started)

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.