PSR500 with Diamond rh77ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
I have seen a few posts about this combination but nothing too recent so I thought I'd ask if this $25 bucks is worth the effort for my 500? Anyone using the diamond? Better by a huge difference or little difference?

xpawel15x

I use the RH77CA every day with my Pro-97. Best handheld antenna for VHF/UHF that I tried so far and I tried most of them. If you need to monitor VHF and/or UHF, then go for it, I don't see why this particular scanner wouldn't work well with it. But let me advise you that if your looking for better 800mhz reception then this antenna won't help you much..........

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Much Thanks

I'll go get one this week, no problem with 800 in my area just trying to pull in better VHF. Thanks for your help!!

xpawel15x

No problem. I think you'll be happy with this antenna. It helped me with distant VHF freqs and I live in a bad spot..

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Much better!!

You guys were right, the Diamond RH77CA was a needed improvement to my PSR500. Thanks to AES Las Vegas for having it in stock and also offering me additional advise and praise on the RH77CA. I guess because the 800 system (SNACC) is so saturated in the valley I can pick it up with a paper clip but the RH77CA adds the extended range of VHF Lo and HT bands. Note I don't listen to Ham much. It does a great job on P25 systems in the area (TSA and NNSA) and it also helps a bunch on the Hotel's MOT 900 systems.
Good work by Diamond making a cool antenna for a low price.
Thanks again for all those who helped me decide to buy it.

raisindot

737mech said:
I have seen a few posts about this combination but nothing too recent so I thought I'd ask if this $25 bucks is worth the effort for my 500? Anyone using the diamond? Better by a huge difference or little difference?

I've tried just about every indoor scanner out there, the Diamond being my latest outlay. It definitely improves VHF, particularly in the aircraft and train bands, where staticky signals come in much clearer. It also pulls UHF signals in better than the stock antenna, but not necessarily better than the Radio Shack "standard" duckie antenna. I've just gave the RS 800Mhz antenna another try, and have not noticed it "does 800MHz" significantly better than either the Diamond or the RS "general" duckie.

Suzie

Status
Not open for further replies.