PSR600 "bugging out"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJEMT12982

Premium Subscriber
I have a psr600, its in perfect condition. I take excellent care of it. I turn it on tonight and it won't work. It beeps constantly and flashes. No buttons work no scanning nothing?? I tried factory reset and nothing. Any thoughts or repair shops in northern Jersey???

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Have you made sure that the power being fed is good? It sounds like the power supply is not able to keep up with the current demand, and dropping voltage. (The voltage cycling up and down, causing the scanner to start the booting sequence.)

NJEMT12982

Premium Subscriber
I'm using the scanner cable it originally came with. I've tried different outlets around the house. It was working fine earlier. I'm at a loss right now...

N8IAA

I'm using the scanner cable it originally came with. I've tried different outlets around the house. It was working fine earlier. I'm at a loss right now...

It truly sounds like the AC adapter has bit the dust. Do you have a volt meter to check and see if the adapter is putting out the voltage neccessary? Can you hook up the DC cord to a power supply to see if the scanner works?
HTH,
Larry

krokus

Premium Subscriber
The meter might not give you a good result, as the power supply might give enough voltage, but not be able to handle the load. (If you can test the voltage with the scanner trying to run, that would be a good test.)

sopranosno1

i had that happen to mine twice since 2008. it is the logic board. mine did the same thing with the constant beeping noise. nothing will work to fix it till you send it to gre.

NJEMT12982

Premium Subscriber
logic board

What causes that to happen? How much did it cost and how long did it take for it to get repaired by gre?

Status
Not open for further replies.