PSR600 & Edison NJ TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone using a PSR600 been able to "track" the Edison NJ Police Talkgroups using the Custom Trunking Tables listed in the database? I realize that the PD is encrypted and even if tracked cannot be monitored. However, the radio refuses to recognize or hit on any of the PD talkgroups even though I am able to track and monitor the FD/EMS transmissions. My BCD396XT properly tracks the entire system using the same Trunking Table. Thanks!

Richard

Premium Subscriber
No. I have a number of other systems programmed which stop on an encrypted talkgroup and log a hit.

robbinsj2

My Pro-106 (clone to the PSR-600) skips over encrypted transmissions on Motorola trunked systems, which is what Edison is. It does not, if memory serves, skip encrypted P25 trunked transmissions.

Jim

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
My Pro-106 (clone to the PSR-600) skips over encrypted transmissions on Motorola trunked systems, which is what Edison is. It does not, if memory serves, skip encrypted P25 trunked transmissions.

Jim
Your memory is correct Jim. Pro-96/2096 does same thing. Skip on MOT but not on P25.

Richard

Premium Subscriber
I suppose that's the answer. It is a Motorola encrypted system. Seems odd though that P25 systems at least show activity on the talkgroup but the PSR600 shows nothing. The manual merely states that the radio will not receive encrypted transmissions. Thanks to all for your help.

de784

Feed Provider
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Could be like Delaware that uses encrypted but they also use secure even with the ids entered the scanner does not stop on those talkgroups

W2SJW

Database Admin
Motorola Type-II systems have status bits, P25 systems do not. The GRE's (and RS clones) are simply ignoring any transmission with a status bit of 8 or higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.