PSR600 Scan List Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghawkman56

All,
First, I want to thank everyone who has responded to my questions in the forum. You are making my first journey on the PSR road a lot less rocky! Another question. I have entered several conventional frequencies, all as Scan List 01. After reading the manual I want to segregate my frequencies by scan list. In the global settings, by default scan list is 1. I have enabled scan list 1-10. If I select an object to edit, using program mode, I change the scan list from 01 to any list between 2-10, then save the changes. However, the scan list for the object is still 01. In addition, when I attempt to all a new object, I save the object with a scan list, other than 1, however, it still defaults to 1. As always, thanks for help!

ScannerSK

Are you doing the following?

Locate the conventional channel you want to update then:

Press PGM
Press F2 (EDIT)
Press F2 (CURR)

Then use the right and left arrow buttons to locate the scan list. Add or remove the frequency to the scan list by pressing the SEL button.

Shawn

satosi

I would recommend using software to program your scanner, as it makes it much easier.

But as for your problem, when you look at the scanlist for an object, the ones that are linked to that object are shown with an asterisk * next to them. If you press SEL, this toggles the inclusion of that scanlist. Check the conventional objects that are still showing up in scanlist 1, if they have the asterisk next to them for scanlist 1 they are still included in it.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Go to the freqy in SL1, remove the "*" astrisk , arrow over to the SList you want to enter this freqy and press "sel" to turn on the "*" on that SList and "save"....You can even make a "dupe" licate of the freqy and "map" it to any scan list....These scanner manufacturers are going to have to provide a manual for these tricks not presented when purchasing scanners...I learned from www.marscanners.com easy manual.....

Ghawkman56

Thanks

Got it! Thanks for the advice. I am not sure which is worse, the scanner manuals or the progarmming software manuals!

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Do yourself a big favor and get some programming software if you haven't already done so. :wink:

After trying all 3 of the major software titles for the GRE scanners, I decided on the PSREDIT software. I love it. Best thing is that you can try it out before you buy.

I cannot imagine that anyone these days would program their scanners by hand. :roll: Not me . . I am way too lazy.

Ghawkman56

Kevin,
Actually, I started with ARC500 and became so frustrated I started manually. As a new comer, although the process was frustrating at times, I have ended up learning an incredible amount of knowledge concerning the radio. Regardless, I will take a look at PSREDIT.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Kevin,
Actually, I started with ARC500 and became so frustrated I started manually. As a new comer, although the process was frustrating at times, I have ended up learning an incredible amount of knowledge concerning the radio. Regardless, I will take a look at PSREDIT.
IN ARC Download to Software,
If conv freq, click conv tab under Object Browser. Highlight line with frequency to get rid of then Right click that line and select CUT. Save and upload to scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.