PSR600 stops at 92% download Ver. F1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

n9rhy

While trying to to upload new file to scanner the upload stops at 92%. I have reset factory settings with the same results. Does not appear that any data is being saved. Boot Ver: F1.1. CPU Ver: F1.1, DSP Ver. : F1.0. I'm at a loss.

carpetman

Had the same problem once, you need to update the scanners firmware 1.7-1.3-1.0. Then the file should load. update available on GRE site.

Last edited:

n9rhy

I was wondering about that but the instruction for loading the 1.7 says only to use in in ver. 1.2 or higher. Is there a problem with this?

mikey60

While trying to to upload new file to scanner the upload stops at 92%. I have reset factory settings with the same results. Does not appear that any data is being saved. Boot Ver: F1.1. CPU Ver: F1.1, DSP Ver. : F1.0. I'm at a loss.

Download and install both the DSP and CPU updates that are available on the GRE site. Generally it is recommended that the CPU be updated first, followed by the DSP, but I don't think it will hurt anything if that is reversed if they are updated together.

The updates are available from GRE America, Inc. - Powered By Kayako SupportSuite

Mike

Last edited:

n9rhy

No sucess

I've tried both now. When I attempt to upgrade CPU firm ware 1.1 to 1.7 the Com port test goes fine. When I click on update its says no data and the scanner emits a continueous tone and displays
" Fnd-001 ---- 1 EXIT EDIT NEXT " The tone and message are continuous until the scanner is turn off.

mikey60

I've tried both now. When I attempt to upgrade CPU firm ware 1.1 to 1.7 the Com port test goes fine. When I click on update its says no data and the scanner emits a continueous tone and displays
" Fnd-001 ---- 1 EXIT EDIT NEXT " The tone and message are continuous until the scanner is turn off.

Did you follow the instructions on the screen to put the scanner in CPU update mode?

Mike

mikey60

Yes, multiple times. Reread instructions to see if I missed something.

The odd thing about that is that the scanner ends up in find mode.

The Proceedure for CPU update is:

1. Turn the scanner Off.
2. While holding the PGM button, turn the scanner on.

The screen should have these lines at this point:

uP Boot Ver: F1.0 (or it may say F1.1)
uP Appl Ver: F1.1
CPU SW Upgrade
Wait for PC/IF

At that point, you should be able to perform the update. Are you seeing this screen?

Mike

n9rhy

When I first tried to program this scanner and it gave me the 92% result I reset all settings back to factory defaults and tried again with the same results.
Now of course I am just trying to update the CPU & DSP.

DonS

uP Boot Ver: F1.0 (or it may say F1.1)

Or it might say F1.4.

You need to make sure you're using the correct update program (there are two) based on the "uP Boot Ver" indicated on the scanner's display.

(EDIT: though it seems unlikely that a scanner with Boot 1.4 would have "Appl" 1.1).

n9rhy

The ver, I see on GRE America is "PSR-500/600 CPU Firmware U1.7 (USA Version) ". Is this the same one you are talking about. This is the one I'm trying to use.

DonS

The ver, I see on GRE America is "PSR-500/600 CPU Firmware U1.7 (USA Version) ". Is this the same one you are talking about. This is the one I'm trying to use.

Within that self-extracting ZIP archive, there are two EXE files:
* CPU500600BootF10F11_U17.EXE
* CPU500600BootF14_U17.EXE

You need to run the EXE that corresponds to the "Boot" version shown on the scanner (when you power-up while holding the PGM key). If you have boot version 1.0 or 1.1, use the first EXE; otherwise, use the second EXE.

n9rhy

Ok, now my ignorance is REALLY going to show here. I have a unzipped file called CPU500600 U17 and an unzipped file called 2000106 0197 V17. I don't see anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.