psr600

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 2 years ago i bought 12 grecom psr600 from a radio shop here in houston area, about a year ago they closed. Well im trying to program my radios and clone them to some new ones and it wont let me. Ive been told the guys who programmed it made it password protected. When i try to clone a radio different from the ones i bought from him all the screen says is waiting to clone. If at all possible is there a way to unlock them. I dont wanna put their company name out but i need i will so it will show proof i bought them. Lots of help would be appreciated.

joeuser

The Wretched
Find out what the password is, if he locked them - he should know it... I guess if they were new, sealed - password probably isn't the issue - unless there is a default password.

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
That's interesting because I tried to find a way to password protect my psr 600 and was never able to find a way to do it. Was told by several people that I couldn't password protect the 600 with the software I was using.

They are protected some how, i it wont let clone another radio. The only ones i can clone is the ones i bought fro him. And you can password protect it is the very last function when you are globe mode.

ScannerSK

A note on the CPU Firmware Version 1.4 update states the following: "Added power-up password option to the FUNCT + GLOB menu. Press PGM, F3:GLOB and Func-Down to go to the new item. If enabled (a non-"0000" password entered), the password must be entered at power up before the scanner will respond. The password can only be cleared by a 0-1 initialization. The password is not transferred over the PC/IF port, so it is not clone-able or set/read by a PC program. The password is alpha numeric so there are many possibilities for its use. One can make the password a variable number of key presses. For example to require a keypress of "12" when the radio is powered on, set the password to: "2000". Another example is to require "2122" press on power on, set the password to: "AB00". Set the password back to "0000" to disable this feature.

If you have the CPU Firmware Version that allows a password to be set it is the last menu item in the Global menu.

It does not sound like you are experiencing a password related issue. If the scanner is password protected it states on the screen when the scanner is first turned on "Enter password:" and it will not let you get past that screen until the correct password is entered.

Shawn

Last edited:
Well i cleared one of his radios then tried to reprogram it with one of his radios nd know it wont let program that one all it say in cloning mode is waiting. Gonna go try and buy a data cable for it today and try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.