PSR700 EZ-Scan at Dayton

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Did anyone purchase the PSR700 EZ-Scan at the Dayton Hamvention this year?
Any user reports out there?

KB8KOJ

Premium Subscriber
I was going to but didn't find any "good" deal on it so picked up a 600 instead:wink: There weren't many 700s at the show. And a couple big-name resellers haven't stocked them yet?

Was out of state due to death in family on Friday. I know what place has the crazy GRE deals there and they usually sell out by Saturday. They did sale me one at show price. The 600 finally showed up Friday... savings more than paid for ticket into door.

Got to play with the 700 a little bit though.. still plan on getting one soon. Rebanding is coming soon.. So I lose 4 trunktrackers!

Last edited:

jimg

Premium Subscriber
I was going to but didn't find any "good" deal on it so picked up a 600 instead:wink: There weren't many 700s at the show. And a couple big-name resellers haven't stocked them yet?

Was out of state due to death in family on Friday. I know what place has the crazy GRE deals there and they usually sell out by Saturday. They did sale me one at show price. The 600 finally showed up Friday... savings more than paid for ticket into door.

Got to play with the 700 a little bit though.. still plan on getting one soon. Rebanding is coming soon.. So I lose 4 trunktrackers!

Any indication as to when a digital version of the 700 might be coming?

Last edited:

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
OT, There are currently no announcements for a new P25 scanner from GRE.

I am really surprised that no one purchased a PSR700 EZ-Scan from the Dayton Hamvention this year after hearing that a few dealers would be carrying a handful. And only one report of someone actual getting hands on one at the GRE booth. Radioreference attendance must have been low.

mancow

Database Admin
No digital = no use for me. I would assume it's getting to be that way for quite a few people.

KB8KOJ

Premium Subscriber
Well, Scannermaster and RR site owner Lindsey weren't at the show this year. That was a real disappointment. Nobody at the show has the scanners and accessories quite like they do.

More on the 700. It felt well built IMO especially compared to the 500. It's rubbery on the sides and back also iirc. Didn't mess with it too long. I imagine the real magic is in the programming software. I didn't really get to see that. They kept saying how it was pre-programmed. Well, that doesn't mean anything to me, and I would venture to say the same for a majority of members here. I will be getting one, just don't know when. Just bought 3 other scanners very recently. But the 'feel' of the scanner and what and how I listen to things... makes this a perfect Handie for me. Only digital I need to worry about now is our Statewide system.

gregjolly

Feed Provider
Not to get off topic. But for those folks who were wondering. Sorry we didn't attend this year. Things had just gotten too busy for us. We hope folks will have a chance to visit us at our new building in Holliston,MA which is open weekdays year-round.

Greg

Customer Service Rep
Scanner Master Corp

pm4hire

A digital version of the 700 would generate a boat load
of scanner sales for dealers, plus greatly expand the
hobby and use of scanners.

Tom welch
Mesa, AZ USA

Status
Not open for further replies.