PSR800 and fleetnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has bravely taken the chance and tried tweaking any of the advance settings to enhance the trunking of the Fleetnet system? Some people have tried it on other GRE scanners with
success.

cheers

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9300; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

oakvillecub said:
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has bravely taken the chance and tried tweaking any of the advance settings to enhance the trunking of the Fleetnet system? Some people have tried it on other GRE scanners with
success.

cheers

What do you mean by tweaking? Altering the settings the radio came with to achieve better sound?

rwier

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9300; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

What do you mean by tweaking? Altering the settings the radio came with to achieve better sound?

Don't know what he means, but I have done some experimenting in reference to the AZ RWC P25 System.

Don't remember the setting "names" but the one that defaults to 64, I have settled on 52, and the one that defaults to a "bracket" of about 70-95, I have settled on 15-95. These changes give me about 95%-98% reception coverage of the Phoenix PD, while with the default settings I get about 10% -20% reception coverage. Probably tried 50-100 combinations before settling on those above.

I mentioned this once before somewhere on the RR Forums and the only responses were several informing me that the manual states that both of these settings should not be changed without permission (or maybe instructions) from Uniden. The other "changer" did say "bravely taken the chance?", lol. At 71 years, it took no bravery at all.

rwier

do you mean instructions from GRE (not uniden)?
what setting are you changing? a digital setting?

Yes, on GRE.

I will give details later today.

I assume that my description of the changed settings being identified by the "default" settings indicates that you have no access to the 800 and the EZSsan software?

Using the EZScan software, I would not know how to differentiate between a "digital" setting and analog (?) setting.

rwier

Two Changes Made

First change:

EZScan Software
1) "Show Advanced Tab" = ON (checked)
2) Select "Advanced Features" tab at bottom left of screen
3) Find the "Advanced DSP Settings" box
4) "DSP Level Adapt" setting, default = 64, changed 64 to 52

Second change:
EZScan Software
1) Select "Trunked Radio Systems" tab at bottom of screen
2) Select ID 000001 (RWC) at top left of screen
2) Select "Site Details" tab at near top left of screen
3) Select Site No. 001
4) Find the "MultiSite Settings" box at bottom left of screen
5) "Data Decode Thresholds" settings, default Low = 75, changed to 15, default High = 95, left unchanged
6) Also in "MultiSite Settings" box at bottom left of screen, "click" on "Apply to All Sites" button

SCPD

QRT
changing settings

Thanks very much that is exactly what I am talking about, I read your ad before and remembered that
some tweaking helps in preventing missed calls on the trunking system.

cheers to 71 !!

73s

rockblock

Thx to rwier for summarizing these settings - I also found additional info here

Well, I tried both of these settings on Fleetnet 1 and TPS. The experiment was not done using the stock antenna, but with the Watson W-889, from the Durham region, close to the 37WHIT tower. Here's what I found:

DSP Level Adapt = 52
  • By changing the "DSP Level Adapt" setting to "52", I was able to get a solid "T" lock on most of the channels that used to flicker before;
  • No difference on Fleetnet 1, as the signal is very strong anyway
Data Decode Threshold (Low= 15)
  • By changing the "Data Decode Threshold" Low setting to "15" I did see that, over a 3 hour period, 6 new channels that I have never been able to see before, now showed up on TPS...coincidence? - well I reset my Low settings back to default (85) and those 6 new channels disappeared; then switched the Low settings back to 15, and after about 1.5 hrs saw the new ones show up.
  • No new channels showed up on Fleetnet 1
I have not tried modifying these new values (52 & 15), as this exercise used up quite a lot of my time...but the overall experience has been positive so far, an improvement over the default settings

...waiting to hear from others' experience

Last edited:

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
What new channels? Trunking Frequencies? Regular divisions TG? The data decode shouldn't really change TPS unless ur now picking up a farther tower etc (assuming you have multiple towers/scanlists).

I can't see why 6 new channels would pop up.

rwier

What new channels? Trunking Frequencies? Regular divisions TG? The data decode shouldn't really change TPS unless ur now picking up a farther tower etc (assuming you have multiple towers/scanlists).

For me, I just want to hear!!! I don't care why it works. These few reports are of hands-on listening, not paper theory, lol. Many thanks to those posting real reports.

rockblock

I have all towers enabled - I haven't checked on frequencies, but I've noticed a few more TG divisions started showing up that I haven't seen before...I'll be monitoring to see if more show up in the next week

Status
Not open for further replies.