PSR800 at Universal Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgmaley

A GRE PSR800 has appeared on Universal Radio's used equipment list.
Used Scanner Radio Receivers
The price surprised me. I had purchased a dealer's shelf demo unit about a year ago for a lot less than that. If someone is still looking for one, here's your chance.
Dave..

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Oh ok only $490.00 that's nice of them.

Well considering that I saw one sell for over $700 on eBay a few months ago, $490 is a "bargain." LOL

I haven't seen the 800 prices go nowhere near that high since the 436HP and 536HP were announced. I see one 800 with an asking price of $459 or best offer and one bidding currently at $355. Now that there are two more scanners on the market that can do Phase II, prices for older technology 800's probably won't be much higher than we're seeing now.

Just my $.02 worth (less than that when you factor in inflation LOL).

:)

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
PSR 800 price

There are many BCD396XT scanners on eBay with far higher asking prices. Some people buy on impulse and don't check for a better price.

dgmaley

Different Unit

The 800 is now $339.95

This is a different one. The first PSR800 sold. Yes, the price dropped. People are trading these in now to purchase an update. This price is what I paid for a dealer's shelf demo (open box) about 18 months ago. Mine had a loose BNC connector but GRE was still alive, fixed it and updated all firmware for me.
Still waiting to see how Sleeper (oops Whistler) deals with GRE labeled product.
Dave..

mrkelso

I would tell people to keep the 800 as (IMHO) it still blows away the newest scanners that just came out.

dkf435

Still waiting to see how Sleeper (oops Whistler) deals with GRE labeled product.
Dave..

Still waiting on this also, If they cast off support for the legacy PSR800 updates this will be just as bad as stepping on a land mine for them as the games played in the radar detector market with tradeins and forcing obsolescence thru lack of support like Radio Shack does will not work here.

David Kb7uns

SCPD

QRT
ya but

Ya but Whistler will be having their version and their version will have parts,etc.
Why not grab a nice scanner for this price,you wont get a uniden!

coolderb

Base scanner is good,mine's been in that role for a bit now. Only gripe is that theres no PC control..

Would it be possible to remotely control the PSR-800 via the EZScan software by remoteing in to the PC via VNC, RDP, Logmein, etc.?

N8IAA

Would it be possible to remotely control the PSR-800 via the EZScan software by remoteing in to the PC via VNC, RDP, Logmein, etc.?

EZScan is used to get updates for the DSP, firmware, and most important, the database. Then transfer those to the scanner. It was not intended for remote control.
Larry

coolderb

EZScan is used to get updates for the DSP, firmware, and most important, the database. Then transfer those to the scanner. It was not intended for remote control.
Larry

Remote control isn't a big deal for my use anyway. I bought the PSR-800 to use as my "on-the-go", "do-it-all" scanner. I had a Uniden Home Patrol that I would occasionally control remotely and stream but whenever I would do that I would always wish I had the unit with me:)

I still have an old Icom PCR1000 that I can control remotely and add/remove conventional freqs. while streaming the audio.

Thanks for the reply.

SCPD

QRT
psr

The display is more pleasing on the PSR than on the Uniden,easier on your eyes especially if you put everything in capital letters.
Mines great on batteries,I have seen someone put its bad,with the 2800Mah batteries in it,it goes all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.