PSR800 custom tables ? or out of range ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

command_z

Premium Subscriber
I'm hearing nothing with my PSR800 on this system: West Virginia Statewide Interoperability Radio Network (SIRN) Trunking System, Statewide, West Virginia - Scanner Frequencies

The only two things I can think of are: I'm out of range (I'm located next to Timberline Ski Resort in Tucker County WV with a 800mhz RS antenna). Or, I need to adjust the custom tables with my EZ scan software.

This info is at the top of the RR database for the system I want to monitor. Does anyone know if I need to customize the tables on my PSR 800, and If so, how would the instructions below translate to the psr800?

Thanks all!

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Misc System Information

This is a (Digital Trunking System)

Custom GRE/Radio Shack Frequency Table

Table 1:

With WIN96 software for the PRO 96/2096 scanner:

1. Prompt "MULTI TABLES"
2. Prompt "EXTENDED TRUNKING TABLES"
3. Do not prompt any "STANDARD PLANS"
4. "CH LOW" 8192 "CH HI" 12287 "BASE FREQ" 453.0250 "OFFSET" 8192 "STEP" 12.5
5. "CH LOW 12288 "CH HI" 16383 "BASE FREQ" 450.0000 "OFFSET" 12288 "STEP" 6.25
6. clear all other trunking tables, and prompt "OK"
7. Don't forget to save your file!

Custom Uniden Frequency Tables

Table 1:

Base: 452.0000
Space: 12.5
Offset: 380

Table 2:

Base: 460.0000
Space: 12.5
Offset: 570

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I'm no where near you, but I just imported that system into my 800 and checked the trunking tables. They are set to auto fill, so if the system isn't broadcasting the tables you will need to manually populate them with the GRE info that you posted.

command_z

Premium Subscriber
Thank you, Kevin,

I have added the following changes to the tables. Does this look right? I'm still not picking up anything here in Tucker County. Please see attachment.

-Z

Attachments

• photo (6).jpg
    photo (6).jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 211

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Assuming those entries are correct in the datsbase, then what you entered seems to match them.

Do you ever see the "T" indicator flash on the display?

command_z

Premium Subscriber
Yes, the "T" indicator does flash often. In 60 seconds, the "T" flashed around 35 times.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Ok, since the "T" flashes it stands to reason you are in range of at least 1 site.

Did you import all the sites are just one? If you imported multiple sites maybe you are sitting on a site that doesn't have the TG's you are interested in affiliated to it.

You could try breaking out the sites into different scan lists and add "wild cards" to them and see if you hear anything at all on any site.

Status
Not open for further replies.