PSR800 Firmware update wants

Status
Not open for further replies.

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
A Record Button

I wouldn't mind seeing a button programmed for Record. Maybe a double press or long press of a current button to record the frequency or Talk Group displayed.

With so many additions of Motorola TRBO here in Michigan I agree, TRBO would be a very welcome addition to the PSR-800.

Les

DougG

Premium Subscriber
I'd like to see the ability to look backwards through the last 25 or so "hits" on the scanner. A bonus would be the ability to play the audio back, kind of like I can do with the DVR for my television.

DougG

Gilligan

Database Admin
I'd like to see the ability to look backwards through the last 25 or so "hits" on the scanner. A bonus would be the ability to play the audio back, kind of like I can do with the DVR for my television.

DougG
The radio already has this function. Just have all channels and searches labelled for Record and then you can simply replay the audio. You can browse from the last heard transmission, or step backwards through as many as you like and Replay From Here (continuously stepping through transmissions). This works for all trunking and conventional channels, searches, and even Signal Stalker. The only limitation is that it doesn't display tones on playback (which I see as a major flaw).

More EDIT options

Ok,so im not sure this belong with Firmware but it seems the firmware and ezscan are linked.

when creating lists,of TGRPS or RAD-IDs..you have no option to "select all" from the edit tab,,theres no edit tab or right click-ability..to change 500 radio ids ive had to go 1 at a time...a lil time consuming..

so to change a bulk of tg's or rid's weather its the LO function,the scanlist,or alert options,..1 by 1 is the only way?

am i an idiot and im missing the step?

troymail

Silent Key
Not sure if this is in the list or not but if so, consider this +1:

When I plan a trip, I program my radio for the areas I will be traveling through. I just finished another trip up and down I-95 and lacking GPS controlling what I listen to based on where I am, I am constantly turning scanlists on and off as I go from one county to the next. I lave dozens on scanlists based on county.

It would be great if the radio remembered where I was in the scanlist selection such that when I go to switch again, I can easily get to the last list I enabled so I can disable that one and enable the next. Perhaps some other button or function could allow jumping to the first scanlist if necessary.

On a related note - I'd really like to have some default user settings that allow things like record to be enabled (on) by default and light "on" during channel/talkgroup activity such that when I import "on the fly" these are enabled (without programming).

One request.
Skip over encrypted signals like the 396xt and Home Patrol does.
The psr 800 just hangs until the call has finished

here there are TGs that have ENC and UnENC radios..often 1 dealing with the
other,,you an still get a good idea whats going on,but to skip the whole call all together?

you'd miss all of it..if anything,add it to the option list...

digi noise
silence
audio tone
skip...

im really looking forward to the next update,,,very curious whts to come..

Gilligan

Database Admin
I would like to see a per-channel mute or volume control. At first, this may sound like too much. But consider the purpose(s) for such a feature...

You want to RECORD everything that goes out over every scanned channel, but you only want to HEAR certain channels/talkgroups or RadioIDs when they come up.

I have my PSR800 running nearly 24/7 recording all the unencrypted law enforcement and fire/EMS channels. I really don't need to hear every traffic stop or ambulance call that goes out, but there are a number of different channels and radio IDs that I would love to have the radio UNMUTE for.

If there were a Mute function per Object, then I could mute the channels that I normally don't need to hear, and leave the others unmuted. If an Unmuted RadioID pops up on a Muted Talkgroup, it would still unmute the audio. Unmute would be given priority if it exists during a transmission.

The fact is that there are a number of users, mostly detectives and judicial units, who spend 99% of their time on encrypted channels. But when they come over to the dispatch channel, I want to hear that channel. That is the predicament, and what I've offered is a solution.

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Shortcut to record

How about the ability to record any frequency or talk group from the radio controls on the fly? Say you hear something on a channel you don't have set up to record and you want to grab it now. How about a double tap of the menu button or double tap of the power switch and presto you are recording?

I would like to see a per-channel mute or volume control. At first, this may sound like too much. But consider the purpose(s) for such a feature...

You want to RECORD everything that goes out over every scanned channel, but you only want to HEAR certain channels/talkgroups or RadioIDs when they come up.

I have my PSR800 running nearly 24/7 recording all the unencrypted law enforcement and fire/EMS channels. I really don't need to hear every traffic stop or ambulance call that goes out, but there are a number of different channels and radio IDs that I would love to have the radio UNMUTE for.

If there were a Mute function per Object, then I could mute the channels that I normally don't need to hear, and leave the others unmuted. If an Unmuted RadioID pops up on a Muted Talkgroup, it would still unmute the audio. Unmute would be given priority if it exists during a transmission.

The fact is that there are a number of users, mostly detectives and judicial units, who spend 99% of their time on encrypted channels. But when they come over to the dispatch channel, I want to hear that channel. That is the predicament, and what I've offered is a solution.

Alpha Tagging Radio IDs on P25 Conv...Seems like a no brainer on that one,,no point
in seeing em if you cant put them to use..especially the P25 IDs...theyre like 9 - 10
digits long...

Also..Who do you gotta bribe to get some Control Software....again,,seems overdue..

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Since the front housing is field swappable; perhaps GRE should make a new faceplate with a full keypad and a firmware update to enable it... It's an easy $100 upgrade option to expand a good scanner into a great scanner... Also, they'd need to add expanded ability to edit the contents of memories; the current menu structure sucks...

pratzert

Premium Subscriber
Well it sounds like GRE is going out of business, this was probably the last firmware update we are ever going to see.

WHAT !!!?????

Where did you hear that information ?

OMG... that would be a huge blow to the scanner world. GRE makes the best scanners out there IMO.

***UPDATE*** I just found the thread about GRE. It's true.... OH NO !!!

This obvously affects some of the RS scanners as well. (I have the 106 & 96)

http://forums.radioreference.com/co...s-personnel-attempt-restart-gre-business.html

Last edited:

NW7OR

I have a couple of suggestions:

First, I'd like to have unlimited scanlists. After all, the number of objects in each scanlist is almost unlimited (10-million + on a 2GB SD card) now, so, why not? This would be especially useful to folks who travel extensively, such as truckers and salespeople.

Second, I'd like to have an autosave feature for wildcards. I have a scanlist just for wildcards and whenever I find a new one and store it, it automatically saves in the wildcards scanlist.....I like that....I know exactly where it is and I can put it where I want it at my convenience. However, sometimes I'm just not fast enough with the menu button, especially since I have the unit set to ignore the first button press.

GRECOM, I hope you will please see what you can do about these suggestions. In advance, many thanks.

budevans

I see that Uniden has released firmware updates for several scanners to address P25 Simulcast LSM issues.

With P25 rolling out all over the country, it would be nice to see firmware to address the LSM issue for GRE scanners.

Status
Not open for further replies.