PSR800 Firmware update wants

Status
Not open for further replies.

budevans

In the past GRE has made improvements in the basic audio quality of digital voice. But I haven't seen an update that addresses the P25 LSM (Linear Simulcast Mode) distortion issue.

I'm talking Error Correcting, discarding Duplicate Packets, etc..

If you have some additional info, please send me a PM.

pyteen

There is a p25 system with private call priority = 0. And PSR800 can`t track unit to unit calls. Uniden can`t track too.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
There will be no more firmware updates, so this can probably be locked...

SquierStrat

There will be no more firmware updates, so this can probably be locked...

meaningless... unless you can somehow back it up?? (and i hope you cant!)

After owning this scanner for a few days now, for a 2nd time, there are only 2 things i would change. The first is the audio. The audio is great on digital channels, however its very low/quiet on conventional frequencys. Maybe boost the audio boost feature or something? and the other thing, What if this website goes down? what if the internet goes down? What if my computer breaks? Or what if i just go on vacation without my computer and am unable to use the EZ SCAN software? I would like the ability to manually program in a frequency, or trunked system by hand. I understand with the lack of keys, the process would be a little more tedious then with other scanners, but still, to at least have the option there would be nice. You can enter in/modify alpha tags so entering in the information is completely possible..

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Well, read the GRE threads and decide for yourself...

rdale

Premium Subscriber
None, because if GRE was staying around someone would have chimed in by now.

chankel

Premium Subscriber
MotoTRBO with the ability identify slot and color code, as well as set selective receive parameters for same. Several hospitals in my area have moved to TRBO, and some local government and private agencies have also added this capability to their systems.

chankel

Premium Subscriber
Hardware? Please explain. Wouldn't it be more of a software issue? TRBO is a 2-slot TDMA method and the PSR-800 has already demonstrated an ability to support P25 Phase II TDMA.

command_z

Premium Subscriber
Firmware Upgrade Wishlist:

• Emergency Mode: In this mode, all normal transmissions are muted until a priority tone sounds. Then the scanner becomes audible and locks onto that channel.

PSR 900 Upgrade Wishlist:

• A remote control with play/pause, forward/back

Status
Not open for further replies.