Psr800 or pro106?

Status
Not open for further replies.

txscan

Which one would you purchased the psr800 or the pro106?

I have the pro106 but i bought a pro107 for my dad, his area is not digital, and i really like that radio. So i am wanting to purchase the psr800 but i already have the pro106, is it worth it? I would sell my 106.

thanks in advance

bkantor

I have both the Pro-106 and the PSR-800. I owned the Pro-106 first and love it - easy to program via cable, good reception/audio, very flexible, etc. BUT, as I get older, it seems like I like the plug and play type devices more and more (getting lazy?). I love the PSR-800 - the simplicity of programming, the weekly updates on RR, and most of all the reception. I find that side by side, the 800 gets a better signal on most bands. I like the ease of simply picking different services/areas via the main menu.
I would not get rid of either radio at this point...the 106 works more like a "classic" scanner with the ability to do alot of things via the keypad on the fly, but I do love the menu system of the 800.
I realize this may not help, but each radio has it's strong points. If I had to choose one to get rid of, it would probably be the Pro-106, but not by much of a margin.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.