PSR800 with EZ scan, importing question

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanlonmi06

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know of a work around for when trying to update multiple trunked systems via EZ Scan?

What I have is the Michigan MPSCS set up in the scanner. I have my towers, TGID's, scanlists, ect all set up. If i go to duplicate that system and say for example change the towers frequencies to something different in that second system, when doing a database update, only the original system receives updates. I see no easy way to capture any updates into that second system.

ultimately I'd like to break up that huge system into geographical regions, depending where we are traveling, but make it easy to manage "multiple systems". whether i have to use V-scanners or whatever, im just trying to find the most ergonomic way to do the updating once systems are "built". Any ideas would be great, thanks.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
There is no work around, if you have duplicate systems you must update manually. I have a similar situation for my state system and update manually, one suggestion I've used is download the TGs from the database and create a CSV file to match the EZ Scan format and just add new TGs to that CSV. Use the CSV for updates by changing the scanlist number.

NOTE: If you need the EZ Scan format for imports just manually add a TG to the original system and export the TGs. You can then delete columns not used by you (I do not use the LED Flash) or columns you want to leave as default. Then copy/paste the TG list you downloaded from RR into the columns.

tvengr

Well Known Member
I do all of my talkgroup entry and editing using Excel csv files. It works very well. You just highlight the system and click on Import from: Text File.

hanlonmi06

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the replies. I will have to experiment with the CSV file import ideas. I never tried it before, but its worth experimenting with.

Is there a product on the market that does have that ability to update duplicate systems? I plan to eventually invest in something newer and this might be a deciding factor on narrowing the field.

tvengr

Well Known Member
You can manually update talkgroup changes in the CSV file. You would only need to to that once. Let's say you have 2 systems (A & B) with the same talkgroups in each system. You can have 2 columns of scan lists, one for each system. If you have 5 scan lists for each system, the first column would have scan lists 1-5 for system A and the second column would have corresponding scan lists 6-10 for system B. When you import the talkgroups into system A, you would select column 1 of the scan lists (1-5) for the scan list field. When you import the same talkgroups into system B, you would select column 2 of the scan lists (6-10) for the scan list field.

Status
Not open for further replies.