PSREdit and Wildcard TG's

Status
Not open for further replies.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
What purpose does the "Wildcard ignores stored talkgroups" setting serve under the general configuration tab? Our PD here just switched to a P25 system, and I'm trying to pickup traffic on unidentified talkgroups. I've locked out the identified ones, and now the scanner is silent. Not sure If I messed something up by selecting the wildcard ignore function or what. Any guidance is greatly appreciated! I'm using a Pro-197 if that helps. Thanks!

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
That setting will ignore TG's that are in disabled scanlists.

You don't need to lock out every TG, just put them all in one scanlist, and put the Wildcards in a different scanlist. Enable that option, then disable the scanlist that has all the identified/stored TG's and you should be good to go with what you're looking to accomplish.

mikey60

That option controls how the scanner handles talkgroups that are in a disabled scanlist.

If it is turned on, the scanner will treat wildcard hits on those talkgroups in disabled scanlist as locked out and ignore them.

If it is turned off, the scanner will hit on those talkgroups and treat them as if they are new talkgroups and ask if you want to store them.

Mike

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the replies Chauffeur6 and Mike! I deleted all locked out TG objects and started over. Everything is working as planned now.

K3HY

Premium Subscriber
That option controls how the scanner handles talkgroups that are in a disabled scanlist.

If it is turned on, the scanner will treat wildcard hits on those talkgroups in disabled scanlist as locked out and ignore them.

If it is turned off, the scanner will hit on those talkgroups and treat them as if they are new talkgroups and ask if you want to store them.

Mike

Is there any situation or practical reason why anyone would ever want to turn it off?

Status
Not open for further replies.