PSREdit: PSREdit assistance

MissinJoel

Hi, we are very new to this. We have a Whistler 1065. I'm having problems with uploading frequencies to my device from my computer. Yes, I've subscribed to radioreference and selected frequencies, Yes, I've downloaded PSREdit and transfered the frequencies to it. I'm using a new Lenovo laptop running Windows 11. When I try to import to radio from PSREdit, an error message says...
"Unable to open Com1 Please make sure USB cable is connected and try again. Error returned Port does not exist." I have 2 USB ports and they both work as i've used a bluetooth mouse in both ports.
I'm also using the supplied transfer cable. The numbers on it are ... Order no. PCIF01, and a stick on
placard that says 06A22.
Your help is appreciated. Thank you.

tvengr

Well Known Member
First, did you install the driver for the cable? Is it the Whistler cable? Go to the Configuration tab in PSREdit500 and click on Serial Port Settings. Click on Search for Port and see if it returns a COM number.

Ranger984

I was getting those messages too until I realized I did not have it plugged in the right place.

tvengr

Well Known Member
I was getting those messages too until I realized I did not have it plugged in the right place.
Make sure you are plugged into the PC/IF jack, not the headphone jack on the scanner. If the cable has a mono adapter on the end, remove it. The WS1065 requires a TRS stereo plug.