PSREdit vs. Win97

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banks246

I just got my first 'programmable' scanner, a Pro-97. For some reason, when I tried to download Win97, I get a dll error when extracting the files (could very well be my 'delicate' work laptop).

From everything I can see here, Win97 is the way to go. But since I am anxious to get started, I downloaded the trial version of PSREdit. It seems ok, but I was wondering if there is a big difference between the two programs.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Thanx,

Nick

D

DaveNF2G

It's really a matter of personal preference. Try them both and then stick with the one you like.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Yeah cause the Win97 has a free month trial, so I would try d/l it again, and since you're a subscriber you can just import stuff from the DB and save all that typing!

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
Yeah import is available with both and its more of a matter of personal preference. My personal preference is the Win series of software but the main reason is most likely that I've used them for a long time before PSREdit was around. Both are great so just use the trial on both and find out what you like best.

DonS

I just got my first 'programmable' scanner, a Pro-97. For some reason, when I tried to download Win97, I get a dll error when extracting the files (could very well be my 'delicate' work laptop).
How are you extracting the files, and what error do you receive? If the error says something like the "DLL can't be found", then it sounds like an extraction problem. The file "WinXXCommon.DLL" must be in the same directory (a real directory, not Windows' "view" of a ZIP archive) as Win97.EXE.

Status
Not open for further replies.