PSREdit w/ BCD396XT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCHD238

Premium Subscriber
I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere - I dont have the time to search right now.

My department has several Radio Shack PRO-106 and PRO-197 scanners that I've programmed using PSREdit500... I'm just wondering if I can use the same software and my existing file to program the Uniden BCD396XT?

Thanks in advance!

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
No, however you can use a great program called FreeSCAN

You may be able to import or at least copy and paste into FreeSCAN.

NCHD238

Premium Subscriber
Well crap. We cover 11 counties so programming was a giant pain the first time around -- really not wanting to have to rebuild all of that.

Is there another handheld scanner on the market that would allow me to use PSREdit500 with the programming I've already set up?

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
My department has several Radio Shack PRO-106 and PRO-197 scanners that I've programmed using PSREdit500... I'm just wondering if I can use the same software and my existing file to program the Uniden BCD396XT?

It can be done, and the following workaround does work but no you can directly pull info from psredit into freescan.
I have both and you cant directly paste into freescan. Its the #1 IMO problem with fresscan as the program works great, use it a lot, but you cant do any column pasting into it all.

The workaround I have to do unfortunately, is to use Excel and the free 996T uasd from uniden. Cant find a download for it, but here I shared the drop box link for the install - https://www.dropbox.com/s/n2bxbkjssypb0lh/BCD996T_UASD.zip
UASD is able to copy-paste to-from it columns of info and is the only reason I still have it installed.
You dont have to have a 996T radio to use uasd.

Now others will suggest is having a premium subscription here you could download to freescan that way, but if your like me, I have highly edited alpha text and settings I would not want to re-produce all over again.

What can be done is, highlight what you want in prsedit, copy, then paste into Excel.
Then copy one column of info needed from Excel all be it -> alpha text, frequencies or talkgroups.
Make a new 996T uasd file, match what your system your doing is conventional, p25, LTR, etc. makeup a name for the file.
You really dont have to be fancy with what you do with the uasd file since your just using as a conduit to get into freescan and there you can do all the final edits.

In uasd you'll have to push the 'new channel' button to match how much you'll be pasting in the 996T uasd.
Then go back to excel and grab the other column of info and paste into uasd.
Once done, save the 996t uasd file.

Now with freescan use the file import from uasd, then you can do all final edits there, priority, quickey, priority id scan etc.

I hope your able to follow the above info, all I can say is that at the end if done correctly all eleven systems file info will be in freescan from psredit500!

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Not quite.

Did you try using EZ Grab in FreeScan to copy the column based data (if that's the way it's presented)?. In theory you should be able to copy what you want from PSREdit500 into Windows clipboard, then use EZ Grab to map and import it. Remember that at the top of each column is a pulldown to tell EZ Grab what column goes to what area. It is NOT just a copy/paste routine!

Mike

Last edited:

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Not quite.

Did you try using EZ Grab in FreeScan to copy the column based data (if that's the way it's presented)?. In theory you should be able to copy what you want from PSREdit500 into Windows clipboard, then use EZ Grab to map and import it. Remember that at the top of each column is a pulldown to tell EZ Grab what column goes to what area. It is NOT just a copy/paste routine!

Mike

EZ Grab is amazing! I love the way you can just dump a whole spreadsheet into it and just pick what you want each column to represent, then paste the results into FreeSCAN. A huge time saver.

Status
Not open for further replies.