WS1065: PSREdit500 - Creating Lists

Romanof54

Hello All,

New to programming scanners. I own a Whistler 1065, have a Radio Reference paid subscription. I also paid for the PSREdit 500 software license. I created what I thought was two lists. One for STARCOM21 trunked and another list for EMS. I lack the knowledge to be sure I'm doing this correctly.

Issues:
1. I don't seem to be able to select the list I want for these objects to be programmed to.
2. When I download frequencies for things like EMS, the list selections are grayed out.
3. After uploading to the scanner, I get the error that nothing enabled. I selected "1" but not sure what list is being scanned.
4. No matter how many times I do a factory reset on the scanner and upload a new program, I still can't pick up any activity despite living in a highly populated area with
a lot of police and EMS activity.

Can someone point me in the right direction on how to get this to work. Very disappointed and almost ready to sell the scanner since nothing I do works.

Thank you.

PSREdit Program Screen.PNG

ecps92

and for the OP,. best way to think of Scan lists is like the ole radios had Banks

Some folks put the Local stuff in List 1
neighboring PD in 2
neighboring FD in 3

You will find your style, after some experimentations
If you look at the scan lists for the 4 frequencies, nothing is assigned. All I see is hyphens.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Hello All,

New to programming scanners. I own a Whistler 1065, have a Radio Reference paid subscription. I also paid for the PSREdit 500 software license. I created what I thought was two lists. One for STARCOM21 trunked and another list for EMS. I lack the knowledge to be sure I'm doing this correctly.

Issues:
1. I don't seem to be able to select the list I want for these objects to be programmed to.
2. When I download frequencies for things like EMS, the list selections are grayed out.
3. After uploading to the scanner, I get the error that nothing enabled. I selected "1" but not sure what list is being scanned.
4. No matter how many times I do a factory reset on the scanner and upload a new program, I still can't pick up any activity despite living in a highly populated area with
a lot of police and EMS activity.

Can someone point me in the right direction on how to get this to work. Very disappointed and almost ready to sell the scanner since nothing I do works.

Thank you.

View attachment 134372

Highlight all the objects, right click and choose “Edit Conventional Objects” and pick your scanlist from there.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
You can select the scan list after import, but before programming to the scanner. (You can update the scan list assignment via the keypad, too, after programming.)