PSREdit500 HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocguard

If I register and get the full version (non-evaluation version) of PSREdit, will it allow me to import csv files? That feature is dimmed out in my eval version. If not, is there any other way to more a file from bctool to PSREdit? I have 3000 talk groups (that aren't in the RRDB yet) and I don't see myself typing them ALL OVER AGAIN!!!

mikey60

If I register and get the full version (non-evaluation version) of PSREdit, will it allow me to import csv files? That feature is dimmed out in my eval version. If not, is there any other way to more a file from bctool to PSREdit? I have 3000 talk groups (that aren't in the RRDB yet) and I don't see myself typing them ALL OVER AGAIN!!!

The latest version available at the web site below includes the CSV import. That feature was just recently added for conventional frequencies. There's still work to be done to be able to import talkgroup information into a TSYS object.

One note, 3000 talkgroups will not fit into the working memory of the PSR-500, so even with a csv import for talkgroups, you'd still have to cut that list down a bit.

Mike

ocguard

Thanks for the info!

It's not quite 3000, but when you're done typing all the TGIDs and alpha tags once (into bctool), it sure feels like 3000 when you have to type is a second time (into PSREdit)!

Again, thanks for your quick response!

mikey60

Thanks for the info!

It's not quite 3000, but when you're done typing all the TGIDs and alpha tags once (into bctool), it sure feels like 3000 when you have to type is a second time (into PSREdit)!

Again, thanks for your quick response!

No problem. I am working on it, and hope to have more import options soon. The release notes for the next version of PSREdit500 is getting relatively long...

Mike

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
PSR Controller Screen Problem

Wow Mike, you have really gone wild with this program, many thanks. Noticed that CPU and DSP updates for the 500/600 came out today, installed those and decided to check for updates on PSR Edit. The Controller screen is great. I'm having a problem with it however, the right side of the screen is cut off and I can't see the last number on a radio ID nor the seven keys on the right side of the scanner. I can't re-size the screen either. I can move the screen around on the computer screen but it won't resize. OS is XP on Fujitsu Lifebook laptop. Any suggestions?

Mark

mikey60

Wow Mike, you have really gone wild with this program, many thanks. Noticed that CPU and DSP updates for the 500/600 came out today, installed those and decided to check for updates on PSR Edit. The Controller screen is great. I'm having a problem with it however, the right side of the screen is cut off and I can't see the last number on a radio ID nor the seven keys on the right side of the scanner. I can't re-size the screen either. I can move the screen around on the computer screen but it won't resize. OS is XP on Fujitsu Lifebook laptop. Any suggestions?

Mark

Ok, what mode is the control program in? From the description, I would guess it's in control mode.

Are you using large fonts or a screen resolution other than 96dpi?

Mike

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
In control mode I guess. In Appearance and Themes; Display Properties; Settings; Advanced area says I'm operating in 120 dpi mode with normal fonts. I clicked on the DPI settings to change it to 96dpi but it asked for the installation CD and quite frankly I get nervous changing advanced stuff like that not knowing how it will affect my other programs. Why can't I click on the center re-size icon and simply have the program fill the screen?

Mark

mikey60

In control mode I guess. In Appearance and Themes; Display Properties; Settings; Advanced area says I'm operating in 120 dpi mode with normal fonts. I clicked on the DPI settings to change it to 96dpi but it asked for the installation CD and quite frankly I get nervous changing advanced stuff like that not knowing how it will affect my other programs. Why can't I click on the center re-size icon and simply have the program fill the screen?

Mark

It has to do with the method I used to display the buttons. Anything other than 96dpi won't display correctly. I haven't found a way around this yet, but am looking into it.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.