PSREdit: PSREDIT500 Trunked Error Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bugspro

Hi, i get this error when I choose,Canada,Quebec,Saguenay Lac-St-Jean... PSR said a bad string. Possible to correct it? See attach files...thks

Attachments

• Psredit500 Trunked error.jpg
    Psredit500 Trunked error.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 35

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
I get the same thing, also as expected happens on conventional import, We used to have situations where the database had a bunch of � scattered all over, I see a few still here though, This is the cause of the problem, once that is fixed it would work.
I don't have admin rights for that so I'll see to it, that it gets fixed.

Bugspro

I get the same thing, also as expected happens on conventional import, We used to have situations where the database had a bunch of � scattered all over, I see a few still here though, This is the cause of the problem, once that is fixed it would work.

Yes you resume alls the probleme...I Used Win500 sometime to override the error. It's very appreciate if you can do something to fix this error. :)

Bugspro

Do you ask someone to fix the problem?

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Yes I sent a pm, but it wasnt fixed. The issue it turns out is using the é . Go ahead and make a submission to get them fixed.

mikey60

Thanks guys for answering the OP's question. Yes, it's typically caused by odd characters in the data. The problem occurs in the library in the compiler so I don't have an easy way to correct the issue. When someone brings this issue to me, I typically report it to be fixed in the database.

Mike

Bugspro

Thanks guys for answering the OP's question. Yes, it's typically caused by odd characters in the data. The problem occurs in the library in the compiler so I don't have an easy way to correct the issue. When someone brings this issue to me, I typically report it to be fixed in the database.

Mike
Yes and same probleme with psredit300. It's very frustrating when we pay for something does'nt work properly... :(

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Well this time I sent in a submission and I did mention as well you could as well in message #7. The database is mainly local and user member driven.
Its fixed now by the admin who works Quebec.

Bugspro

Well this time I sent in a submission and I did mention as well you could as well in message #7. The database is mainly local and user member driven.
Its fixed now by the admin who works Quebec.
Ok and thks for your help...I will make a fews test with PSREdit500 and PSREdit300 and I let you Know. For now I get this Error for trunked Renir in Lac St Jean. I can make test with the admin works on Quebec if they need it. Tks again! :)

Attachments

• PSEdit500 Renir Error.jpg
    PSEdit500 Renir Error.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 5

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
I don't see where on that page the issue is, looked it over a few times. Mikey60 the author of psredit will know more about that error.
It's also is an issue here as well when I tried it.
One thing I noticed under MODE most are labeled DE meaning they are encrypted.
In psredt500, talkgroup selection tab, to the right of that you can click to exclude those encrypted ones.

Navigate through the database to that system and it will go to RENIR - Reseau National Integre de Radiocommunication Trunking System, Provincewide, Quebec - Scanner Frequencies
Along the tabs towards the top is showing their is SUBMIT click that and explain the situation. Although way I see it I wouldn't know what to fix if I had a submission sent to me from what I am seeing. Once found it will probably be quite obvious.

Bugspro

I don't see where on that page the issue is, looked it over a few times. Mikey60 the author of psredit will know more about that error.
It's also is an issue here as well when I tried it.
One thing I noticed under MODE most are labeled DE meaning they are encrypted.
In psredt500, talkgroup selection tab, to the right of that you can click to exclude those encrypted ones.

Navigate through the database to that system and it will go to RENIR - Reseau National Integre de Radiocommunication Trunking System, Provincewide, Quebec - Scanner Frequencies
Along the tabs towards the top is showing their is SUBMIT click that and explain the situation. Although way I see it I wouldn't know what to fix if I had a submission sent to me from what I am seeing. Once found it will probably be quite obvious.
Yes and I get error to on conventionnal frequencies too. I will try to make a list of JAM request via PSEdit. Give me times,I work on that too. I used butel Arc500 to make test to and it's work on all request...Trunked and conventional, Also I try in psredit somes fonction like you explain...but when PSR freeze i can't do nothing...I close PSR via windows manager and restart again. I think PSR need a refresh version. I will keep you informed. For Now other Trunk Work well,but Renir for Lac St-Jean give me a error. Stay tune. :)

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin

Bugspro

Errors out here only one on conventional Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean County - 3 Wing Bagotville Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

I do want to stress to you... You need to send in a submission yourself. Its not hard :) If there are any other issues you see, send in a submission! The database is populated by mainly local users like yourself.
Thank you for repair the database guys! :) I confirm like you PSREDIT500 and 300 run #1...good Jobs! :)

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
I've reported a number of these over the years. Sure would be nice if something could be done on the database end to make this not happen anymore.

Understand the admins have fixed a LOT of these throughout the database. While there hasnt been any reported for quite awhile afaik, there might be some areas that need fixing. I imagine if there are, cant be many left by now.
In the case for this thread it was using the French E and not an issue with the database for which I originally thought it was and why I posted in this thread from the beginning.

We were told and maybe you were Mikey60 that it was caused by an update to the database on the server side.
It all started here, psredit500 error
Evidently it couldn't be just quickly fixed on the server side.

To me its a good thing PSREdit does popup the error so we can fix it accordingly, where as the other software's don't and just put in a space, a ? or an *. No need to do any fixing in PSREidt for at least this item.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.