• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

PTT over LTE vendors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have info on Icom, Motorola, Talkpod and Digatalk from IWCE, anyone got any other vendors they are using?
I was going to sign up as a Digatalk dealer but their NDA and legal agreement is too restrictive.

They talked about a solution at IWCE but no one could give me a release date. None of the 3 engineers I talked to had the full details on how it will work. So far they are only in the talking stages with A and V for LTE coverage. If you know better please let me know.
Digatalk+ has a radio gateway, that sounds very interesting.

hansheesbeen

Wbt not RealPTT with Inrico devices? Sell this a lot in the Netherlands.

And also the same for Walkiefleet, that server is in company and maintained by ourself...

ts548

They talked about a solution at IWCE but no one could give me a release date. None of the 3 engineers I talked to had the full details on how it will work. So far they are only in the talking stages with A and V for LTE coverage. If you know better please let me know.
Digatalk+ has a radio gateway, that sounds very interesting.

PDC760

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one could explain how the PDC760 would know when to switch to LTE nor how the carrier will know which DMR repeater to pass audio to. I'm assuming it's the PPoC but I did not get any technical info.

I'm looking at Nextel and Walkiefleet, thanks for the tips. My client is a towing company that uses tow book, so the Android OS devices would be a great fit. A large 2 way dealer in CT is working on a system, waiting to get details on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.