Public Safety DMR frequencies to Monitor in NYC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASAD

Hi All. I have a Motorola XPR 7550e and would like to monitor digital public safety frequencies/systems with it in New York City. Are there such DMR systems here? And how do I find talkgroups for the following systems?

Attachments

• NYC DMR.jpg
    NYC DMR.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 861

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
I am also interested in dmr systems. I'm in Harlem and have a XPR 3500. Can't figure out how to program it correctly to get these systems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riveter

Premium Subscriber
To sniff talkgroups, gotta use a capable scanner or an SDR.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
To sniff talkgroups, gotta use a capable scanner or an SDR.

Or a Connect Systems CS750. They have a monitor feature, that will allow the radio to unmute for talkgroups not programmed into the radio. It will show, TG, CC, and TS.

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Or a Connect Systems CS750. They have a monitor feature, that will allow the radio to unmute for talkgroups not programmed into the radio. It will show, TG, CC, and TS.

Didn't know that actually. Good info, thanks.

n2nov

My MD380 in promiscuous mode in the newer firmware can also listen to all talkgroups, though it does not show color code or timeslot.

D

DaveNF2G

The CS750 can only monitor DMR in conventional mode. It does not follow Rest channels (Capacity Plus) or control channels (Connect Plus).

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
The CS750 can only monitor DMR in conventional mode. It does not follow Rest channels (Capacity Plus) or control channels (Connect Plus).

True, however with Connect Plus, as long as you have the correct info, like CC, and talkgroups, you can scan the system frequencies, and the radio will unmute for the talkgroups you have associated to the RX group list.

MStep

Hi All. I have a Motorola XPR 7550e and would like to monitor digital public safety frequencies/systems with it in New York City. Are there such DMR systems here? And how do I find talkgroups for the following systems?

Plenty of DMR to listen to in the NYC area, although not much in the way of first-line public safety. Ancillary agencies (second-line public safety) like Stuyvesant Town Security, some hospital security services, NYU security, etc, are much more common. Many of those services operate on conventional (non-trucked) DMR frequencies,

Status
Not open for further replies.