Pueblo AMR TG ID's

Status
Not open for further replies.

billspin

Premium Subscriber
I heard that the Pueblo AMR recently converted to Digital system. I was wondering if anyone can confirm this and if so provide some TG ID's. Thanks

lostguy

I have been hearing them on t/g 4897 on Mt Pittsburg. Wasn't sure that was Pueblo, until i recognized locations being dispatched. And hearing Pueblo fire with same locations, just started hearing them just recently.

Last edited:

billspin

Premium Subscriber
Hey thanks a lot. I will try 4897 this weekend while I am down there and also see if I can pick up any others.

4897? That's smack in the middle of El Paso assigned TG's. In fact, 4895 and 4896 are assigned AMR TG's for El Paso / Teller counties. I'll have to keep the ears open for that one.

lostguy

4897? That's smack in the middle of El Paso assigned TG's. In fact, 4895 and 4896 are assigned AMR TG's for El Paso / Teller counties. I'll have to keep the ears open for that one.

Yeah i noticed that too..and wondered about it. Been hearing them going to Parkview, Parkview West, and St Mary Corwin etc...call signs, medic 1, medic 2, and so on..unfortunately i havent been to pueblo with the scanner lately to see if i can hear them on the cc's down there.

Last edited:

billspin

Premium Subscriber
I just realized where Mt. Pittsburg tower is located. Do you think the AMR is only working from that tower and none of the one's around Pueblo? Just wondering. I will find out this weekend for sure myself.

billspin

Premium Subscriber
I used the Mt. Pittsburg (853.7375) and Ski Summit (859.9625) towers. Pueblo AMR is using the t/g 4897. I did not get any other t/g numbers with Pueblo transmissions. I do have a general question that will help me better understand this DTRS system. Originally I put the 2 new tower numbers in my current TSYS I have programmed with the rest of the Pueblo items I listen to. I added the 4897 to the TGRP. I did not get any transmissions with this setup. I next created a new TSYS with just the 2 new towers and put 4897 into a new TGRP and I started getting transmissions with this setup. I let it run all night with this setup and recorded hits into each groups and only the new TSYS with just the 2 towers recorded any. No hits were recorded in the original one I programmed. Just wondering why I could not get the 4897 to work in the old TSYS. Thanks.

I've been logging Cheyenne Mt for a couple days now and haven't noticed 4897. I still find it weird that I cant get any affiliations on surrounding DTRS towers, just Mt Pittsburg and Ski Summit. I have also spent time logging Woodland Park, Stanley Canyon, T Gap, Fountain, Black Forest, Calhan, and Cedar Heights with no affiliation with 4897. I wonder if its a TG used in the springs area to help with communication with Pueblo AMR.

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
AMR in Pueblo still uses the companys LMR system for internal communications. They use DTRS for communications with area FD's when on 9-1-1 calls.
AMR in El Paso County has several TG's assigned to it...one is for 9-1-1 calls, one is for the wheelchair and transport cars.
You won't hear the El Paso County TG's on the Cheyenne Mtn site, or any of the sites in Pueblo. The Mt Pittsburg site is an El Paso County site, not a DTRS site.
The only reason I can imagine that you may have heard AMR on an El Paso County TG being dispatched to calls in Pueblo is if an ambulance was sent from the Springs to Pueblo to cover a shortage (it happens).
I'll punch 4897 into my scanner and see what I hear when I go to work tomorrow..
Regardless of any other rumours, for all intents and purposes, the El Paso County system and DTRS remain separate systems.

billspin

Premium Subscriber
It seems like I was getting a Springs dispatcher because every once in a while the same sounding voice would be dispatching on 4895 talking about Springs locations. Then the same sounding voice would be dispatching Pueblo AMR to Pueblo locations and hospitals. I would get complete communications from both sides all on 4897 from Mt. Pittsburg (853.7375) and Ski Summit (859.9625) towers.

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
Bill, I'll look into it tomorrow, when I'm in Pueblo.
Since Pueblo County is on DTRS and El Paso County is on their own system, I'm not sure how that is working, UNLESS they are doing a simulcast on the El Paso TG and the LMR.
Also, AMR in Colorado Springs dispatches all of southern Colorado, plus several other states, so hearing the same voice on multiple TG's is not unusual.
I have programmed 4897 into all my radios and am listening to it, but very little traffic so far.

billspin

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Bob, more curious to learn about what is happening and how all of this works, or doesn't. If it helps any the only way I could get any traffic is to put the Mt. Pittsburg (853.7375) and Ski Summit (859.9625) towers into a TSYS of their own, and put 4895, 4896, and 4897 into the TGRP. I then got some 4895 traffic and a lot of 4897 traffic. If I mixed these two towers in with my others and the three TGRP numbers I did not get any traffic at all.

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
Since Pueblo County is on DTRS and El Paso County is on their own system

DTRS and the El Paso County/Springs zone are all one system. They've just set up the talk groups so that most don't cross. The El Paso County area CSP troop is a prime example to show that everything is one, so are the MACs.

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
DTRS and the El Paso County/Springs zone are all one system. They've just set up the talk groups so that most don't cross. The El Paso County area CSP troop is a prime example to show that everything is one, so are the MACs.

If you go back a little further you'll see that what I wrote was "for all intents and purposes, the El Paso County system and DTRS remain separate systems. "

You can argue all you want, since you seem to live for that, but it remains true.

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
You can argue all you want, since you seem to live for that, but it remains true.

Chill, Bob :roll: - I wasn't arguing, just clarifying these conflicting statements, which could be confusing to some users:

firescannerbob said:
Regardless of any other rumours, for all intents and purposes, the El Paso County system and DTRS remain separate systems.

firescannerbob said:
Since Pueblo County is on DTRS and El Paso County is on their own system, I'm not sure how that is working

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
Here is the straight scoop...
AMR Pueblo is indeed being dispatched on the 4897 TG, which is an El Paso County TG. As such, it is NOT available through any DTRS site. The site that seems to be working in town is the Mt. Pittsburg (El Paso County) site.
The crews I saw today were carrying just one radio, which MAY be programmed so that there are DTRS TG's and El Paso County TG's, each of which affiliate either with a DTRS site or a El Paso County site (and except for MAC's NOT both). OR, they just brought one radio in with them and not two. I didn't get a chance to ask too many questions.
They are still working with the arrangement, but they may go back to the LMR system.

EDIT: They are doing this with ONE radio (which the crews don't like).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.