Pulling Minneapolis audio feeds for some time

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenFranske

Did some work on things today. Minneapolis N-S is back, Minneapolis City Center is now moved to a more reliable system (and also pushing to OpenMHz now for those that prefer that) and Hennepin East has been added (for now I'm just recording that locally and pushing to OpenMHz, waiting for Broadcastify Calls to approve it). We'll see how busy things are so no promises...but since I'm back updating things I may try to get the old school "traditional" Broadcastify streams back up for those that like that format better (though really Calls is soooo much better!)

BenFranske

Hennepin East was approved shortly after my posting and is now live. All three are on OpenMHz as well if you prefer that (there are advantages to both platforms). At OpenMHz you can also see the calls/min on each system. There was an existing Hennepin East feed someone else has in Hopkins which is pulling 11.3 calls/min while I'm pulling 25.7 calls/min on Hennepin East so be aware that different recording setups on the same system do have different quality too.

Just as an interesting fact between my Mpls NS, Mpls CC, and Henn East receivers I am pushing up 59.5 calls/minute right now! That is just under one call a second! You can't possibly listen to that much traffic (by a lot, as calls are often several seconds long each).

BenFranske

My scanner server had a network issue yesterday and I took the opportunity to upgrade both the OS software and the trunk-recorder software. However, that seems to have broken things somehow and I'm running out of time to work on it at the moment. We'll have them back online as soon as we have time to keep working on it.

BenFranske

FYI... Unfortunately an upgrade on the PC running things has started to cause trunk recorder to stop receiving things after an hour or two. I had a few other projects pop up with higher priority about the same time. I was restarting trunk recorder regularly for a few days but I can't keep up with it dying. Tried rolling back to a previous version of trunk recorder but different issues with that too, it seems to be some interaction between the base system and trunk recorder which is causing issues. I spent about 6 hours on it one day but had to set it aside to get some other work done, it's on the project list to look into. I'm kind of ticked off at it at the moment though :)

It'll be back eventually and I do restart it from time to time, but as I said it dies again after a few minutes to an hour so sad times.

Status
Not open for further replies.