Pulling Minneapolis audio feeds for some time

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenFranske

Just a heads up that I am going to be pulling my Minneapolis PD/FD/Public Works audio feeds off Broadcastify for some time. The plan is to bring them back eventually but how long that takes will depend on how busy I am, could be several weeks or months. I should be continuing to feed Broadcastify Calls though so you can still find the feeds there.

I need to do some computer re-alignment and am taking the opportunity to switch from SDRTrunk on Windows to trunk-recorder on Linux. Feeding Broadcastify Calls is pretty simple but feeding traditional Broadcastify is a bit more difficult so I'm going to need to dedicate some time to bringing that back up which I won't have for at least a couple weeks. Of course if someone else wants to speed things along by building the required chain of liquidsoap/python/bash/docker scripts for me that would get things back up fairly quickly.

Bottom line, if you want my Minneapolis audio for the next some weeks or months you will probably need to switch to Broadcastify Calls.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Hopefully it goes well. I really enjoyed the feed you had - reminds me of younger days, 50 years ago, listening to Minneapolis police.

BenFranske

Thanks! They should still be pushing to the Broadcastify Calls platform so you can still hear them there in the meantime though I have seen some instability with my new PC setup so it may duck out there for a while every few hours for the next day or two until I can get that stable.

BenFranske

Just an update... I am just starting to get my head back above water at work so I'm hoping to have the "traditional" Broadcastify feeds back online around mid- to late-October.

vmtpat

Just an update... I am just starting to get my head back above water at work so I'm hoping to have the "traditional" Broadcastify feeds back online around mid- to late-October.
For some reason the feed stopped at 7:11PM Can you check it please?

BenFranske

It's back up now, the computer got briefly disconnected from the network and I thought the software had re-connected once the computer was hooked back up but it did not re-connect automatically.

Unfortunately work hasn't let up as much as I'd hoped so I haven't had time to build the software to re-create the traditional feed (I assume that's what you're asking about) so for now it's only the Calls system though this is still on my roadmap. Right now it's a bit labor intensive to build the custom software scripting to do this but Broadcastify is working on making it just be a web-interface push-button to do it (which is also a bit hard, they've been promising that functionality is coming for 6 months) and if they get that going I'll get it setup right away.

vmtpat

It's back up now, the computer got briefly disconnected from the network and I thought the software had re-connected once the computer was hooked back up but it did not re-connect automatically.

Unfortunately work hasn't let up as much as I'd hoped so I haven't had time to build the software to re-create the traditional feed (I assume that's what you're asking about) so for now it's only the Calls system though this is still on my roadmap. Right now it's a bit labor intensive to build the custom software scripting to do this but Broadcastify is working on making it just be a web-interface push-button to do it (which is also a bit hard, they've been promising that functionality is coming for 6 months) and if they get that going I'll get it setup right away.
Thanks Ben. You're AWESOME.

chuckles91

Thanks Ben. You're AWESOME.

Hello Ben, Thank you for providing this service to broadcastify. It appears the feed stopped on 12/19 @ 7:26pm. Could you please restart it?

thank you!!

BenFranske

We're doing a major addition on our house which will involve relocating the main electrical service at least twice. So we're going to have at least a few whole-house day-long power outages over the next 6 months or so plus a couple of times I'll need to re-locate the server which could take a couple hours each.

Yesterday the outage was actually a computer crash that took things down though, I ended up needing to switch to a different machine which took a bit of time to re-configure. Hopefully it will be more stable, at least computer wise, now though.

Still a race to see if Broadcastify builds their system to convert "Broadcastify Calls" traffic to a traditional stream or I get things setup on my end to do it first. Though I've got a lot of balls in the air so no idea when I might get to it.

Someone did buy me another RTL-SDR dongle, once I have two more of them and some antenna amp/splitting equipment I expect to be able to put online a Minneapolis City-Center node an a Hennepin East node too which will pull in a bunch more stuff. If someone wants to sponsor that get in touch...

mackiefan2004

If there is an interest in a Minneapolis ONLY (PD, FD, PW) feed, I can certainly split my current combined feed into St. Paul PD and MPLS Combined; however I am planning on leaving PD only for now to cut down on airtime from FD/PW cutting into PD transmissions.

BenFranske

FYI, working on getting a Minneapolis City Center and Hennepin East feed up and running too but there is some major construction work happening at our house which is taking quite a bit of my free time and also causing some instability in the existing MPLS N-S feed. There are some periodic day-long power outages and regular moving around of my antennas/receivers which is causing reception challenges! See

chuckles91

Hello Ben, it seems like the Minneapolis feed node 162 crashed as of 8/26/2021, are you able to restart it? thanks!

BenFranske

Thanks for reminding me! We had a power outage which lasted longer than my UPS. I thought things were configured to start back up on their own but they did not, it should be running again now.

chuckles91

Hello Ben, it seems like the Minneapolis feed node 162 crashed as of 10/13/2021, are you able to restart it? thanks!

BenFranske

You're right! Sorry about that, it should be fixed now. I also took the opportunity to move the antenna to a somewhat better location so hopefully we get better reception. My next todo on this is to migrate my Minneapolis City Center receivers onto the same antenna/system instead of the very unreliable PC they're on. Hopefully will be able to add Hennepin East on there as well.

chuckles91

You're right! Sorry about that, it should be fixed now. I also took the opportunity to move the antenna to a somewhat better location so hopefully we get better reception. My next todo on this is to migrate my Minneapolis City Center receivers onto the same antenna/system instead of the very unreliable PC they're on. Hopefully will be able to add Hennepin East on there as well.
Thank you Ben for keeping this feed running and available!

Status
Not open for further replies.